A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - January 2018

Post by Alex » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:10 am

Hello everyone!

Welcome to 2018! It seems we survived the holiday rush and now we're ready to get back to simming. Activity was down over the last month, but that's a typical side effect of the end of the year. Despite that, we have some new sims and new players! As we settle back down from family and travel, I'm anxious to get back to work on the Fleet.

I do have a few announcements to make this month, despite the holiday slow down. First, I'd like to welcome back a couple of returning COs. Commander Alyssa Renee, AKA Applewood, has resumed command of the USS Icarus, an old but classic Excelsior class starship. And Commander Cassius Whittemore (AKA Doug) joins us with the Norway class USS Thames. Welcome and congratulations to both of you!

We unfortunately have had a surprising resigination. Captain Richard Wayne, the TF56 CO and captain of the USS Vahalla, has informed us that he is taking some time away from simming. Aaron has been around the Fleet for a while, and he'll be missed. But that does mean that we have a staff opening at TFCO. I've posted a link below to the application form. Interested players should submit an application by Saturday, January 27. After that, we will begin reviewing any and all applications.

Finally, I announced last month that I would be announcing the Sim of the Year finalists. Without revealing the final scores to them, the PFA elected that this year we would award a Gold, Silver, and Bronze award to the top three sims. To determine these top three sims, points were awarded per previous monthly awards. Gold Sim of the Month earned a sim 3 points, while Silver and Bronze earned 2 and 1 points, respectively. Additionally, every Post of the Month win earned 1 point. These points were tallied from December 2016 through November 2017. Without further ado, I will announce the winners.
Drum roll please...

2017 Bronze Sim of the Year

2017 Silver Sim of the Year

2017 Gold Sim of the Year

Congratulations to the winners for all of the great work they did all year long! Graphics will be made for each sim to proudly display on their site. For those sims that didn't win this year, there's a lot of time left to build up points for next year. There's still a lot of simming ahead of us!

This month's meeting will be this Sunday, January 14, at 3:00 pm EDT. It will be held in the #meeting channel of the Fleet Discord Server, and is open to all current and prospective members of the fleet. Everyone is encouraged to attend. The next meeting will be held on Sunday, February 11.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Task Force 56 Commanding Officer Application

Sim of the Month Award
Gold Sim of the Month - USS Victory
Silver Sim of the Month - USS Galileo
Bronze Sim of the Month - Starbase 332

Post of the Month Award
November's Post of the Month goes to:

"Calamity Upon Calamity" by Commander Bertrand Cuprum, Captain Elijah Michaels, Lieutenant Hel Samedi, Lieutenant Sara'draphia T'eseri, Lieutenant Valeria Mordin, and Lieutenant JG Sarah Honeycutt (USS Victory)

For the December Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, February 3, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”