A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - March 2018

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:13 am

Hello everyone!

Another month down and one month closer to nicer weather. Well, for many of us, at least. The change to warmer weather also means the return of Daylight Saving Time. For the sake of everyone I'll spare you from my semi-annual rant about changing the clocks, but I will remind you that the time change in the US at least takes place this weekend. So be sure to pay careful attention to the time for our meeting this month.

While it was a pretty good month for our sims, it was a bit of a slow month for the PFA. However, I do have a couple of announcements. First, our engineers in the Department of Resources has been hard at work developing a new ship class, the Gryphon class fighter! The KD-56 Gryphon multirole fighter is an evolution of the venerable Valkyrie, and is called Valkyrie Mk II by some. It addresses some problems in the original design, and was designed with adaptability, modularity and survivability in mind. Although it closely resembles the Valkyrie, it is in fact a completely new design, following a very similar design philosophy and very similar requirements. Anyone interested in more information should check it out in the Ship Specifications section on the Pegasus Fleet website.

I am also pleased to announce that we have selected our new Chief of Public Relations, Rear Admiral S'iraa. Admiral S'iraa comes with many years of experience in the admiralty of other fleets in various positions, and has been leading his sim, the USS Dreadnought, for over 12 years. Within Pegasus Fleet he serves as the executive officer of Starbase 332 and more recently as the Task Force Commanding Officer for TF11. In the interim, Admiral S'iraa will continue to cover TF11 until a new TFCO is found. Congratulations, Admiral! We're looking forward to working with you.

As a reminder, we are still taking applications for TFCO for TF56, and now TF11. Interested parties may apply using the link below.

This month's meeting will be this Sunday, March 11, at 3:00 pm EDT. Note that the time change in the US will have gone into effect prior to the meeting, so you may need to adjust your calendars. I'll send out a reminder in chat on Sunday. The meeting will be held in the #meeting channel of the Fleet Discord Server, and is open to all current and prospective members of the fleet. Everyone is encouraged to attend. The next meeting will be held on Sunday, April 8.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
TFCO Application

Sim of the Month Award
Gold Sim of the Month - USS Galileo
Silver Sim of the Month - USS Hephaistos
Bronze Sim of the Month - Starbase 332

Post of the Month Award
January's Post of the Month goes to:

"Home Bound" by Captain David Hawkins, Commander Mercia Kavi, Lieutenant Commander Halan Zeti, Lieutenant Paula Winchester, Lieutenant Theodore Treadagar IV, Lieutenant Elizabeth 'Lizzy' Caldera DClinPsy, Lieutenant Lixor Nabohn, Lieutenant JG Mel Torma, Chief Petty Officer Daniel Alenko (USS Gladiator-A)

For the February Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, March 31, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”