A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - May 2018

Post by Alex » Sat May 19, 2018 2:32 am

Hello everyone!

I don't have too much to announce this month. We've had one piece of new business in the last couple of weeks, but it's a big one. I'll mention more about it in a moment. For much of the past month we've been one member short. Rear Admiral S'iraa recently got married, and has been celebrating on his honeymoon. He expects to return on May 21, so be sure to congratulate him when you see him around.

In other news, our newest sims have been already making an impact, with all three of them, the Wasp, Alabama, and Century, all scoring over 1.75 posts per player. The Alabama and Century are also sharing the Bronze Sim of the Month award! Keep up the great work!

A quick note about the Sim of the Month images below. I had intended to create the same images that we did last month so the winners could copy them directly to their sims, but after a few good days my desktop started acting up again and I wasn't able to get them done. Also, we don't yet have an image for the USS Century, the USS Wasp, or the USS Dreadnought. I'll be getting with my photoshop gurus about getting those done. I apologize for the delay, and we'll get all of our winners their badges as soon as we can.

As I mentioned, we've had one big piece of new business this month. As many of you may be aware, the European Union has adopted a new regulation called the General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR. This regulation officially goes into effect on May 25, 2018. This one slipped past our radar, but fortunately our friends over in Bravo Fleet filled us in. I posted more information on the forums. The link to that thread can be found at the bottom of this update under Featured Thread. The basic idea is that GDPR redefines the way that Pegasus Fleet and our member sims handles privacy. Informed consent will be a big part of it, as well as defining the way that we collect and manage personal data. Users must have control over their data, and must have the ability to request that their data be deleted. Although this is an EU regulation, it protects any citizen of an EU country, regardless of where the site is hosted.

What this means for everyone in Pegasus Fleet is that there will be extensive changes coming to the Fleet Privacy Policy. These changes will outline how we collect and store your data, define how that data is used by the Fleet, and define requirements for the sim commanding officers for their own sims. The COs will all have mandatory changes that they will need to make to their sims in order to ensure that all of our sites are compliant. Understand that we do take everyone's privacy seriously, and would not intentionally misuse anyone's data. What we collect we use for Pegasus Fleet business only. Getting the policy changes right is very important, so everyone should be on the lookout for additional updates once we have the new Fleet rules in place. COs especially will want to watch for updates so we can get the proper updates made to your sites.

This month's meeting will be this Sunday, May 20, at 3:00 pm EDT. It will be held in the #meeting channel of the Fleet Discord Server, and is open to all current and prospective members of the fleet. Everyone is encouraged to attend. The next meeting will be held on Sunday, June 10.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award
Gold Sim of the Month - USS Galileo
Silver Sim of the Month - USS Gladiator-A
Bronze Sim of the Month - USS Alabama
Bronze Sim of the Month - USS Century

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
March's Post of the Month goes to:

"Delivering the Package" by Lieutenant Commander Shr'Nesh Karadis and Sergeant Major Lysssa Tlantagan (USS Galileo)

For the April Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, May 12, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”