A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - June 2018

Post by Alex » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:06 am

Hello everyone!

Since last month’s report went out so late due to the Mother’s Day weekend in the US, I don’t have a lot of new information to report this month. As you can probably guess, I’ll mostly be focusing on our new Privacy Policies, and how they relate back to the General Data Protection Regulation. But first, I do want to mention that it was a slower month for pretty much all of our sims. For much of us we’ve been seeing some warmer weather, so that probably had something to do with it. As a reminder to commanding officers, if you are struggling with your sims for any reason, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.

Before I get into the rest of it, we do have one new Commanding Officer this month. Please join me in welcoming Commander Jak Naylor of the USS Hammerhead. Welcome, Commander!

As promised, this month I’ll mostly be talking about GDPR. Hopefully this will be the last that most of you will hear about it, and many of our sims have already been updated with the new policies. For everyone else who hasn’t been involved in the discussion, GDPR is a regulation adopted by members of the European Union to protect the private data of EU citizens. This regulation affects all EU citizens online, regardless of where the website is hosted. To comply with the regulation, Pegasus Fleet has adopted a new, more detailed set of Privacy Policies, which can be found on our wiki here. The policies are broken up into multiple sections. I won’t go through all of them here, but I encourage everyone to go take a look if you haven’t already. I’ve been in touch with the commanding officers and have gone into much more detail with them since they will need to be putting similar policies into place on their sims. I mentioned this on Discord, but I’d like to see our sims updated by June 13, so COs, please look into that as soon as possible if you haven’t already. We’ll be reviewing your sites and checking for compliance starting next week.

The biggest thing that most of you will notice, besides some policy changes on the Fleet sites and the sim sites, is the new mailing list. This month I still used the old list, which I populated directly from the manifests in IFS. I’ve started building a new list that will send email confirmation requests on sign up. Many of you have already verified your emails and subscribed to the new list. The rest of you will be getting your confirmation emails soon if you haven’t already. The reason for this is to make sure that I have your consent to send future updates and announcements. We do take your privacy seriously, and we don’t want to send you messages that you didn’t ask for. But I do encourage you to subscribe to the mailing list. It’s the best way for us to keep you up to date with what’s going on in the Fleet. And Pegasus Fleet will never use your emails for any purpose other than sending you updates or conducting Fleet business.

If anyone has any questions about the new privacy policies, or about anything else, don’t hesitate to contact me or the PFA to ask. I can be reached by email at pfco@pegasusfleet.net, or on Discord at @AlexM. I’m always happy to help.

This month’s meeting will be held on Sunday, June 10, in the #meeting channel on Discord, and will start at 3:00 pm EDT. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests. If you know anyone that’s interested in joining Pegasus Fleet, please invite them to join us. The next meeting will be held on Sunday, July 8.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award
Gold Sim of the Month - USS Gladiator-A
Silver Sim of the Month - USS Alabama
Bronze Sim of the Month - USS Tomcat

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
April's Post of the Month goes to:

"Preparations, Preparations...So Much To Do" by Commander Leonardo Luciano & Commander Talia Varen (Starbase 332)

For the May Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, June 30, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”