A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - September 2018

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:54 am

Hello everyone!

I only have a couple of topics to discuss this month, so I’ll get right to them.

First of all I have a couple of promotions to share with the Fleet. Firstly, Commander Cassius Whittemore of the USS Thames has been promoted to the rank of Captain. Despite some difficulty recruiting, Captain Whittemore has not let his small crew deter him from moving forward and telling some wonderful character driven stories. Secondly, it is my pleasure to announce that Captain Evelynn Haught, commanding officer of the USS Lantau and of Task Force 37, has been promoted to the rank of Fleet Captain. Fleet Captain Haught has been a dedicated part of the Fleet Staff for a long time, and we felt they were long overdue for recognition. Congratulations to both of you!

The last few months we had been making a big recruitment push, led by Admiral S’iraa. We’ve had a few new members join us, and we’ve had some that chose to go elsewhere. I know we’ve talked in length about that before, so I won’t dwell on it here. I did want to remind everyone, especially our COs, that recruitment efforts shouldn’t be limited to just one person. Whether we think about it or not, every member of Pegasus Fleet is an ambassador for our fleet. I know we’ve hit some rough patches, but I still believe in this community, and I hope all of you do as well. I know I mention this every month, but the PFA and the Fleet Staff are here to make this the best community that it can be. If ever anyone has any concerns about something, or think of something that we can be doing better, please don’t hesitate to contact me and let me know. Your feedback is the best way to help us grow.

On the subject of feedback, the biggest point of discussion over the last few weeks has been the topic of communication, or rather the perception that there is a lack thereof. As I’ve stated before, we feel that communication is the key to continuing to build our community, no matter if that is the Fleet Staff communicating updates to our members, or our COs communicating with the players on their sims. The PFA is committed to ensuring that we maintain strong communication within all levels of the Fleet. For that reason we have introduced and passed a new Fleet Communication Policy, effective September 5.

The full text of the Communication Policy can be found here on the Policy page of the PF Wiki. I won’t go into the full text of the policy here, although I highly recommend that everyone take a look so that they are aware of the new rules. Essentially the policy defines a process for dealing with unanswered messages pertaining to official Fleet or sim business, and applies to all levels of Fleet membership. A message that requests information or requires some form of acknowledgment sent from a member of the Fleet Staff, or to a member of the Fleet Staff or a CO, should receive a reply in no more than fourteen days from the date of the original message. If a reply is not received, the original sender should elevate it to the next person in the chain of command, who will then send another message that should receive a reply within seven days. If that doesn’t work, then the matter gets elevated to me and a Green Demerit will be issued. For every seven days after that in which a reply is not received, additional demerits will be given. Exceptions will be made for planned leaves and emergency situations.

Although this could be considered an extension of the PFA’s disciplinary powers, we feel the new policy better defines our expectations. We know that real life can often get in the way of our fun here, but we feel that two weeks should be more than enough time to respond to messages. All members of the Fleet are held by this new rule. That includes TFCOs requesting information from their commanding officers, a CO asking a question of me, or even a player trying to contact their commanding officer. It also governs multiple forms of contact, including email and private messages on Discord. Although I do not believe it to be a problem in Pegasus Fleet, this means that if a player is having difficulting reaching the CO of one of their sims, they should feel safe in reporting that to their TFCO or to Admiral Thompson. As with any new policy that includes disciplinary measures, I hope that we never have to use them. But with this policy, we have a much better definition of our expectations, and a way to enforce them.

With this business out of the way, we plan to get back to more exciting projects. We’ll be continuing to make updates to the Fleet site and to our Wiki, as well as pick up the pace on the monthly award discussions. So be sure to stay tuned for more updates there.

Our meeting this month will be held on Sunday, September 9, in the #meeting channel on Discord, and will start at 3:00 pm EDT. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests. The next meeting will be held on Sunday, October 14.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
July's Post of the Month goes to:

"Risk Assessment" Lieutenant Alana Tovan, Lieutenant Commander Walter Prescott, and Master Warrant Officer Vestara Stronghold (Starbase 332)

For the August Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, October 12, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

------------------------------------------------
Featured Wiki Article: Dalacari
Featured Forum Thread: Ships Seeking Crew
For recruitment questions, contact Rear Admiral S’iraa
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”