A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - October 2018

Post by Alex » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:05 am

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is having a sufficiently spooky October so far! I have a few updates this month, so let’s get started. But before I do that, I wanted to remind everyone that October 10 was Pegasus Fleet’s 9th Birthday! Thank you to all of you for making Pegasus Fleet such a great community.

I have a couple of announcements about the PFA. As you likely know by now, Rear Admiral S’iraa has been hard at work on our recruitment efforts. While not all of his efforts have been fruitful, it can’t be understated that he has been making a tremendous effort towards getting our name out there, despite the recent setbacks. He has also less visibly been a huge part of keeping me and the rest of the PFA organized and on task. Because of his dedication and service, the PFA has elected to make him our new Pegasus Fleet Executive Officer. Per the Pegasus Fleet constitution, the position of PFXO may be granted to one of the four department heads along with their current role. As such, Admiral S’iraa will continue to serve as our Chief of Public Relations in addition to his role as PFXO. With his new title and new responsibilities, the PFA has also elected to grant him the rank of Vice Admiral. Congratulations, Vice Admiral!

As Admiral S’iraa settles into his new role, we will continue to define his new responsibilities. So stay tuned for more updates to come later. We are currently in the process of setting up his new pfxo@pegasusfleet.net address after migrating our emails to a new server. In the meantime he can, and will continue to be, reached at cpr@pegasusfleet.net.

I also have a couple of CO announcements. First, I’d like to welcome our newest commanding officer, Commander James Stewart of the Intrepid-class USS Churchill! I’d also like to congratulate Andreas O’Shaunessy, the CO of the USS Alabama, on his promotion to Captain. Congratulation to both of you!

While we’re on the topic of COs and Fleet Ops, this past month Admiral Thompson had reached out to each of the COs to discuss their ongoing missions and plans for Fleet Canon. We had a great response from the COs, and many of your ideas are along the same lines that we had been considering for a future fleet story arc, so that’s very encouraging. The plans are very much a work in progress, but the direction is likely to lead us into the middle of a conflict between the Klingons and Romulans and building on the fallout of the Hobus event. There will be more information to come as the story arc is further developed.

After taking a break for a few months to refine our system, I am excited to announce the return of the Sim of the Month awards! This month we have selected three sims based on staff nominations, using various criteria such as writing quality, site appearance, contributions to Pegasus Fleet, and level of activity for the nominations and final rankings. Staff members in command of nominated sims were excluded from the decision process. The winners are posted in their usual place below. Congratulations to our winners, and keep up the great work!

With the recent release of the Age of Discovery update to Star Trek Online, I’d like to remind everyone that we do have a Star Trek Online channel on the Discord server, as well as a fleet in the game. If you interested in the game, no matter if you are a complete newbie, like me, or a season veteran, be sure to check out the #startrekonline channel.

The last thing that I want to mention this month is an update from a member suggestion at last month’s monthly meeting. It was pointed out that we don’t have a location to document and archive our Post of the Month winners. Since that meeting I have created a page on our wiki to do just that. That page can be found here. I’ve included the post title, author list, sim name, and a link to the original post for every winner from this month back to January of 2015. Eventually the goal is to give each post a page on the wiki so that posts may be maintained even if the sim is no longer active. Some of the older winners may be lost, but I plan to capture as many of the old posts as I can, and all of the new winners going forward.

Our meeting this month will be held on Sunday, October 14, in the #meeting channel on Discord, and will start at 3:00 pm EDT. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests. The next meeting will be held on Sunday, November 11.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award
Gold Sim of the Month - USS Dreadnought
Silver Sim of the Month - USS Thames
Bronze Sim of the Month - USS Lantau

Post of the Month Award
August's Post of the Month goes to:

"Lunch Break" by Lieutenant Hel Samedi & Lieutenant Valeria Mordin (USS Victory)

For the September Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, November 9, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

Featured Wiki Article: Ts’usugi
Featured Forum Thread: Ships Seeking Crew
For recruitment questions, contact Rear Admiral S’iraa
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”