A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - December 2018

Post by Alex » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:42 am

Hello everyone!

I have another short update for you this month. As we’re getting deep into the holiday season, it’s that time of year where posting tends to slow down. It’s also a good time of year for COs to take stock of their sims and consider any changes to start fresh for the new year. The PFA will be using the new year to take a critical look at the Fleet and set goals for the coming months. Staff members can look forward a more detailed statement from me early in January.

I do have a couple of announcements about returning commanding officers. First I’d like to welcome back NoxRaven as Captain Genix Tolos, commanding officer of the USS Paladin. For those that have been with us longer, Nox was one of our TFCOs about a year ago, but had to leave for an extended medical leave. We’re excited to have him back! We also have the USS Sinnan, under the command of Commander Caymen Greener. Commander Greener, aka Chris, is another returning CO. Both of you, welcome back to Pegasus Fleet!

I’d also like to congratulate Vice Admiral S’iraa and the crew of the USS Dreadnought. This past month they celebrated their thirteenth year of operation! It cannot be understated that a sim lasting this long is quite the accomplishment. Congratulations to the Dreadnought and her crew.

For the past few months we have been experimenting with reformation of our Sim of the Month awards. We had revised our selection process, and instead of being determined by posting activity alone, we had asked our TFCOs to submit nominations each month. The effectiveness of this process has been hit or miss, usually with nominations ultimately coming from the PFA. After this month, we’ve decided that the Sim of the Month award will be suspended indefinitely until a suitable process or award replacement can be found. As it stands today, there is no single metric that best defines a sim that should be worthy of the award, and the nomination process has presented its own challenges. The topic will continue to be visited by the PFA. We will continue to present the Post of the Month award.

Finally, I’d like to remind everyone that this year’s FallFest conference will be held tomorrow, on Saturday, December 15. FallFest is an annual roleplaying convention organized by OngoingWorlds and hosted by a roleplaying community. This year’s FallFest will be hosted by the TNU Project. For more information on the event, you can check out the post at OngoingWorlds here. The FallFest page can be found here. To attend FallFest, join the TNU Project Discord. Finally, there is also a Facebook page for the event. If you are available this weekend, I encourage you to attend and represent Pegasus Fleet.

Our meeting this month will be held on Sunday, December 16, after getting postponed from last week. It will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord, and will start at 3:00 pm EST. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests. The next meeting will be held on Sunday, January 13.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
October's Post of the Month goes to:

"Returning" by Commander Mercia Kavi & Commander Khelev ch'Koro [Halan] (USS Gladiator-A)

For the November Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, January 11, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

------------------------------------------------
Featured Wiki Article: Ritorian
Featured Forum Thread: A Word With Drew
For recruitment questions, contact Rear Admiral S’iraa
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”