A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - March 2019

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:26 am

Hello everyone!

February was quite the month for us. Activity was pretty good across the sims, chat has been hopping, we’ve welcomed in some new friends, and welcomed back some old ones. So let’s continue with this momentum into March!

First off, I’d like to welcome our new Director of Resources, Rear Admiral D'era Virtam. Admiral Virtam may be familiar to many of you as Lieutenant Commander Prescott of Starbase 332, or as @Doug Clement on Discord. Admiral Virtam joins us with an impressive attention to detail and a creative mind. I'm looking forward to working with him and seeing what new technology and canon that he'll bring to the Fleet.

We also have a number of new and returning commanding officers. First off, I’d like to welcome a newcomer to Pegasus Fleet, Commander Jhamal P’Trell of the Sovereign-class USS Vanguard. Welcome, Commander! We also have a couple of returning COs. First off we have Commander Alyssa Renee of the Saber-class USS Icarus-A, named after the very USS Icarus that was previously in Pegasus Fleet. We also have Commander Keith Anderson of the Norway-class USS Asger. Welcome back, both of you!

With the recent influx of new sims, we’ve been doing a little realigning of the task forces. The new listing is as follows:

TF11:
USS Tomcat, USS Asger, USS Churchill, USS Powell, Starbase 332

TF37:
USS Lantau, USS Alabama, USS Dreadnought, USS Emar,
USS Gladiator-A, USS Highlander

TF56:
USS Sinnan, USS Icarus-A, Starbase 831, USS Valhalla,
USS Vanguard, USS Victory

In other news, we have revamped our spoiler chat in Discord. Previously there was only one channel available for spoiler chat. However, with the number of different shows and movies out there that members may be trying to avoid, it was decided that the one room should be broken up into its own category. The new Spoilers category currently consists of a general spoilers channel, a Star Trek Discovery channel, a Marvel MCU channel, a DCEU and TV-verse channel, and a Game of Thrones channel. Others can be added if there is demand. Having multiple channels will allow for more open discussion since members shouldn’t have to worry about Captain Marvel spoilers in the Discover chat, for example. The original spoiler room was renamed for Discovery to continue the current conversation, so earlier messages may be about other topics.

Be advised that these rooms are going to be full of unmarked spoilers, so enter at your own risk. As a reminder, individual rooms as well as entire categories can be muted. If you wish to avoid spoilers, I would suggest muting the appropriate channel and/or turning off Discord notifications for that channel. Please keep spoiler discussions regulated to the appropriate channel.

Finally, the last big news of the month is the completion of Project Khitomer. For those who weren’t aware, Project Khitomer was a one-day online conference held on February 23, hosted by Pegasus, Bravo, and Obsidian Fleets, and open to all members of the greater simming community. From all reports that I have seen, the event was a complete success! We had some great discussions, met some new friends. Some of them, like Commander P’Trell, have already joined us in Pegasus Fleet. I would like to say that I’m very proud of our Fleet for having such a great showing at the event, including several of our members who hosted panels. It really made me feel good to see so many members of our community step up to make the event a success. The website for Project Khitomer is still available and contains links to the even Discord as well as links to the transcripts from the panels. If you haven’t already, I encourage you to head over to the Project Khitomer site and check it out. I’d like to have a Fleet debrief of the event at this month’s meeting.

Speaking of which, this month’s meeting will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, March 10. It will start at 3:00 pm EDT / 7:00 pm GMT. Please note that it is that time of year, and Daylight Saving Time will go into effect in the US between now and the meeting time. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, April 14.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
January's Post of the Month goes to:

"The Event" by Commander Bjorn Tyrson and Lieutenant Christopher Evans (USS Valhalla)

For the February Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, April 12, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

------------------------------------------------
Featured Wiki Article: Gemini Sovereignty
Featured Forum Thread: Grant a Wish Game

For recruitment questions, contact Rear Admiral S’iraa
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”