A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - June 2019

Post by Alex » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:36 am

Hello everyone!

I know it seems like just a short time ago since we had our last update, but with the late meeting last week, it really hasn’t been that long. Because of that, I don’t have a lot to share this month, but we have been working on a few things. I also have a couple of recent announcements. Before I get to that, Father’s Day is coming up next weekend, at least for the US folks, and I’d like to wish all of the fathers in Pegasus Fleet a wonderful day.

The first order of business this month is an exciting one. I’m proud to announce that Captain Somers, our Task Force 11 Commanding Officer, has hereby been promoted to the rank of Fleet Captain. We have been consistently impressed by his dedication to his position as TFCO and to the fleet as well as his constant drive to improve all aspects of your work. Thank you for all that you do, and congratulations, Fleet Captain.

We have also had two of our sims change classes this past month. First the USS Dreadnought, formerly an Ascension-class starship, has changed over to the Valkyrie-class USS Valkryie, which is to be renamed the USS Dreadnought. Also changing is the USS Highlander, an Intrepid-class starship, which is in the process of changing to the Galaxy-class USS Mercury. It’s an exciting time for both of your crews, and we’re looking forward to reading about your new adventures.

The last major announcement this month is an unfortunate one. Task Force 56 CO Commander Greener, has elected to resign as TFCO and as commanding officer of the USS Sinnan, effective immediately. We are sorry to see him go, and we wish him the best in his future endeavors. Thank you, Commander, for everything that you have done for the Fleet.

Due to his resignation, we are now accepting applications for Task Force 56 Commanding Officer. Ideal candidates are members of the fleet with experience commanding long running sims, as well as a strong interest in helping see the Fleet grow and improve. Good communication skills are a must. Interested members can apply for the position using the link below. The PFA will begin reviewing applications on Monday, June 17. So candidates should submit their applications prior to that date if they want to be among the first applications reviewed. We will likely also rebalance the task forces after the new TFCO is selected.

I don’t really have any more announcements this month, but we do have a few projects that we have been discussing. First off is a proposal by former TFCO Commander Greener to implement a rotating Featured Sim. We’re still working on the details and the procedure, so stay tuned for more updates.

We’ve also been working on some updates to our wiki, namely in the form of template creation. As I’ve mentioned in previous months, we’re going to continue to encourage COs to create wiki pages for their sims, and players to create pages for their characters. Most recently I’ve shared a template to aid with creation of crew manifest lists for the sim pages. I’ve also been working with Admiral Virtam to update our ship specs template so we can update the ship classes per his new guidelines. There are still a few things to work out on that, but we are working to get pages completed for the Valkyrie and Ares class ships that we discussed last month. I am always looking for feedback on ideas for our wiki, so if anyone has any ideas for pages or templates, don’t hesitate to let me know.

And finally, I wanted to remind everyone that we will be using the announcement forums and main site front page to make announcements throughout the month. So keep an eye out there for updates as well as in this newsletter. Also be sure to check out our Facebook page.

This month’s meeting will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, June 9. It will start at 3:00 pm EDT / 8:00 pm GMT. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, July 14.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

Application for TF56CO

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
April's Post of the Month goes to:

"Spear of Influence" by Ensign Erik Vargesson & Lieutenant Commander Sebell Briggs (USS Asger)

For the May Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, July 12, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

------------------------------------------------
Featured Wiki Article: Fist of Odin
Featured Forum Thread: Missing?
For recruitment questions, contact Rear Admiral S’iraa
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”