A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - July 2019

Post by Alex » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:28 am

Hello everyone!

This past month hasn’t seen a lot of new business, but that doesn’t mean that I’m short on announcements. June saw the addition of two new staff members and a few new commanding officers. So let’s get to it.

First off, a few weeks back we said farewell to Rear Admiral Thompson as he stepped down from the PFA to focus on other projects. I’d like to thank Admiral Thompson for everything that he has done for the Fleet. He has been with the PFA for a long time, and in that time has led many projects and worked with many members of the Fleet. It’s not going to be quite the same with him no longer part of the PFA. But I am thankful that he will remain with us, and I look forward to hearing more about his new sim, Vilandara, based on an original medieval fantasy world. We wish you well, Admiral, and thank you again for all that you have done.

With his departure, we have searched for and selected a new Chief of Fleet Operations. Please give a warm welcome and congratulations to Rear Admiral Joseph Rhimer! Admiral Rhimer brings knowledge and experience to the position, along with a lot of ideas and enthusiasm, and we’re looking forward to working with him in the PFA. He has already hit the ground running since joining us a couple of weeks back, and I can’t wait to see what new projects come up next.

We have also recently selected our other newest member of the Fleet Operations staff, our new TF56 CO, Commander Abigail Laurens. Many of you probably know Commander Laurens better on Discord as @Amethyst. Amethyst brings many years of experience to Pegasus Fleet as well, including a wealth of knowledge in the realm of social media. This week you may have noticed a significant uptick in our activity on Facebook, courtesy of Amethyst. Congratulations, Commander, and I’m looking forward to working with you as well.

As a quick note on the social media notes, commanding officers should be on the lookout for messages from Commander Laurens regarding their sims. I very highly encourage you all to participate as much as you can with the Facebook posts, providing any information requested by Commander Laurens. You are also highly encouraged to like and share the posts on Facebook and with your crews. The more exposure we can get on these posts, the more attention they will bring to Pegasus Fleet to help us grow!

This month also saw the arrival of three new commanding officers. First is the aforementioned Commander Laurens, in command of the Akira-class USS Astrea. Also joining us this month is Commander Frank Kamar Jr., aka @Navy_Vet | Cmdr. Kamar, and the Nebula-class USS Pennsylvania. And finally, we were rejoined by Commander Diana Reisz, @Kitty, and her Olympic-class ship USS Newton. Welcome to all of our new commanding officers and crew!

Our Director of Resources, Rear Admiral Virtam, continued his revisions of our existing ship classes based on the new ship spec guidelines. This month he has completed the Galaxy and Nova classes as well as the Nebula and Akira classes. We’re still working on getting the updated specs in IFS and on the wiki, but anyone interested in seeing the new specs in the meantime can contact Admiral Virtam at pfdr@pegasusfleet.net.

There is also a new forum thread regarding the level of detail included in these specifications. I encourage everyone to check it out and offer your thoughts. That thread can be found here

Finally, I have a couple of requested reminders from other members of the PFA. First, Admiral S’iraa would like to remind everyone that gifts presented to him in tribute as an attempt to avoid clawings are always appreciated. And anyone encountering a flipped table should contact Admiral Rhimer for an unflippening.

This month’s meeting will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, July 14. It will start at 3:00 pm EDT / 8:00 pm GMT. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, August 11.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
May's Post of the Month goes to:

"Aftermath (Family, Pt 5)" by Lieutenant Valeria Mordin & Lieutenant Hel Samedi (USS Asger)

For the June Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, August 9, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

------------------------------------------------
Featured Wiki Article: Frank Kamar
Featured Forum Thread: Details for Specifications - Responses Needed
For recruitment questions, contact Rear Admiral S’iraa
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”