A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - August 2019

Post by Alex » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:10 am

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a great July. I know it was a tougher month for me personally, but that doesn’t mean that we haven’t been busy. So let’s get to it.

First things first, I’d like to give some special recognition to the USS Astrea and the USS Asger, both of which had incredible months, clocking in at more than one hundred posts each! I know quantity isn’t the only thing that makes a sim great, but nevertheless it is a very impressive achievement. Congratulations to the crews of both sims!

We also have three new sims joining us this month. Please welcome Commander Franklin Shane Johnson, commanding officer of the Miranda-class USS Poseidon, and Captain Aviram Drell, the newest commanding officer of the Vesta-class USS Vesta, to continue the adventures of the first vessel of her class. Also joining us this month is Burt Kuntz, leading Sheridan Fire & Rescue, a new Division 74 sim. Welcome all of you!

Early in July, just before the monthly update was sent out, the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty approved changes to the Akira- and Nebula-class starship specifications based on our new guidelines. It is our hope these changes will help improve the storytelling experience for everyone. Revisions to the wiki and IFS database will be forthcoming. We will also be reaching out to the commanding officers of affected simulations to discuss options for implementation. Stay tuned for further updates as our work continues.

This past month the PFA has also been discussing making some changes to our internal processes to improve our organization and help us better serve the Fleet. For the most part this will be transparent to the members of the Fleet, but we are moving some of our discussion topics to Trello so we can keep our discussions grouped by topic, as well as assign dates, responsible persons, and priorities. As the Fleet grows and we have more members join us, it’s imperative that we continue to improve our processes.

Along those same lines, we’ve been looking into some updates to our Fleet documents, namely the constitution, by-laws, and policies. We’re starting with reviewing the constitution, and putting together a list of changes that better define aspects of the Fleet and reflect the way we have been doing things. As part of that, we have also been considering some changes to the structure of the PFA to better divide the responsibilities. Once approved, these updates will need to be reviewed with the Fleet’s commanding officers for final approval. I don’t have any definite details at this point, but I will keep everyone updated as we work through it.

Finally, I’d like to say that I greatly appreciate the Fleet’s feedback and notifications of required unflippenings. Keeping tables upright can be a challenge around Admiral S’iraa, but with your continued due diligence, I believe that we can keep the Fleet’s elevated horizontal surfaces in the design intended orientation. Please keep up the great work.

This month’s meeting will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, August 11. It will start at 3:00 pm EDT / 8:00 pm GMT. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. I will not be able to attend this month due to a family event, but Admiral Rhimer will be leading the meeting in my stead. The next meeting will be on Sunday, September 8.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
June's Post of the Month goes to:

"CIO & Mission Advisor Meet" by Lieutenant Paul Winchester & Lieutenant JG Cody Parker (USS Tomcat)

For the July Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, September 6, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

------------------------------------------------
Featured Wiki Article: Sirran
Featured Forum Thread: Slap the Person Above You Game
For recruitment questions, contact Rear Admiral S’iraa
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”