A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Special Announcement - Academy Commandant

Post by Alex » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:02 am

Hello everyone,

Today I have some sad news from our Academy Commandant, Rear Admiral James Kaz. I'll let him explain more:
Everyone, I'd like to let you all know I will be stepping down from the Admiralty, and my spot as Academy Commandant. Unfortunately I have found that I do not have the time to do everything that comes with helping run a community, or running the Academy. This is partly due to my job, due to the hours that I have there, and the rota that I'm currently on. I would also like to apologize, as quite a few of the things I had said were being done, have not been completed. I would also apologize to my Academy instructors, as I feel I have let you guys down, with not having the time to commit to helping you guys as much as I could. I am hoping to remain as an Academy Instructor, and also to help out where I can, while staying with my sims, so you're not getting rid of me that easily. Thank you all for your support.

Rear Admiral James Kaz
Pegasus Fleet
Retired
I'd like to say thank you to Admiral Kaz for everything that he has done over the last two years. We've seen a lot of development in the Fleet during his tenure, and I'm glad that we'll still be seeing more of him around the Fleet.

With his resignation, that means that the PFA will be looking for a new Academy Commandant. Our ideal candidate is a member of the Fleet with dedication and a passion for helping the Fleet grow. It is someone with a strong background in teaching and creating course work, and ideally someone with some command experience who understands many of the common pratfalls that new COs may face and how to avoid them. We are now taking applications, and will begin reviewing candidates on Monday, August 26, so interested parties should submit their applications before then. The link to the application can be found below.

Once again, thank you to Admiral Kaz, and good luck to all of our applicants.

Application for Academy Commandant

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”