A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - March 2020

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:35 am

Hello everyone!

For most of our members winter is finally on its way out and we’re soon to be greeted by spring (sorry, Australia). I know I’m ready to be done with snow and to move on to nicer weather. I don’t have a lot to cover this month, but I do have a few announcements for everyone. So let’s get started.

First off, I have a few sim announcements. As many of you may have heard, Captain Evelynn Haught of the USS Lantau recently stepped down as the sim’s commanding officer. The Lantau’s first officer, Commander Finchley Kerr, will be taking command of the sim. Congratulations, Commander.

We also have two new sims starting in Pegasus Fleet this month. First off is the Ambassador-class USS Omaha, under command of Commander Jason Faulkner. Joining us D74 is the Centaur-class USS Birger, under the command of Captain Pete Hoffman. Please give a warm welcome to our newest sims!

This month I get to brag a little about my own sim, Starbase 332. On February 23, Starbase 332 celebrated our 10th anniversary as a sim! I’m so very proud of our current and past crew members, and thankful for all of their support this last decade. It’s so hard to believe that it’s already been ten years, but I’m excited to see where the next ten years takes us.

In more administrative news, I mentioned last month that the PFA had proposed a new Digital Copyright Policy to the Fleet commanding officers. This month I can announce that the proposal passed, and the policy has been added to our wiki. For anyone interested in reading the complete policy, you can find it here. Essentially the policy defines some guidelines for avoiding DMCA complaints against your sims or the Fleet. These guidelines boil down to making sure that any content that is used on your sim that was not created by you be properly credited. If a complaint is received against a sim, all that needs to be done to avoid issues is to comply with the complaint, either by removing the offending content or adding proper credits, depending on the stipulations in the complaint. Because this is a serious legal matter, COs that do not comply with DMCA complaints face the loss of command. This policy was NOT created in response to a DMCA complaint leveled at a Pegasus Fleet sim, but was implemented as a precaution to protect both the Fleet and our sims in the event of any future issues.

The last item for this month is the Second Annual Project Khitomer. Project Khitomer is an online roleplaying conference held on Discord. This year’s event was held on February 22. I know many of you were able to attend the event. I’m always excited when I see a strong Pegasus Fleet presence. For those of you who were not able to attend, the 2020 transcripts are now available, and can be found on the Khitomer site here. I know we have had several new members join us in the last couple of weeks that were first introduced to Pegasus Fleet through the event. So please give all of them a warm Pegasus Fleet welcome! We’ll discuss the event in some more detail during this month’s meeting.

Speaking of, this month’s meeting will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, March 8 at 3:00 pm EDT / 7:00 pm GMT. Please note that Daylight Saving Time begins for most of the US on March 8, but not for other parts of the world until later in the month. The UK won’t change clocks until March 29. As usual I will be sending out meeting reminders starting one hour before.

The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, April 19. Please note that because of Easter, the meeting will be on the third Sunday of the month.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
January's Post of the Month goes to:

"The Goodbye" by Lieutenant Mica Rue (USS Astraea)

For the February Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, April 10, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”