A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - April 2020

Post by Alex » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:26 am

Hello everyone!

The world certainly seems to have changed a lot since this time last month. I hope everyone is staying home and staying safe as much as possible right now. I know we have several members of our community who are essential workers. From nurses and EMTs to grocery store workers and truck drivers, you are the people that make the world go ‘round. We can’t thank you enough for doing what it is you do during this difficult time.

I only have a few things to report this month, so let’s get into it. First off, I’d like to welcome our newest sim and commanding officer. Please welcome Commander Barret Stillwater of the Merian-class USS Standing Bear!

This month we also welcome a new Task Force Commanding Officer to TF56. While new to his current position, our newest TFCO brings a wealth of knowledge and over five years of experience. In his time in Pegasus Fleet, he has shown himself to be exceptionally helpful to both players and other COs while quickly building a successful sim.

Please congratulate Commander Tharia sh’Elas of the USS Ulysses, our new Task Force Commanding Officer of TF56!

And please give a big thank you to Captain Abigail Laurens, who has served faithfully as the acting TFCO for the past year, even after joining the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty as Academy Commandant. Below is a message from Captain Laurens to the Fleet and the rest of TF56.

I always knew that there would come a time that I had to step down from TF56 as TFCO. Secretly I think part of me hoped it would never come, but here we are. I just want to say thank you. To all my TF56 CO's that have worked with me, to all the TF56 players, to my fellow TFCO's, and to Admiralty, thank you for letting me be part of something amazing for as long as I was. I genuinely loved every moment of it, and as sad as I am to be stepping out of the role, I know y'all will be in good hands with Kai. And of course, you'll still have me around in Admiralty, so I'm always here to answer questions or even just have a chat. Thank you all!

Thank you again to Captain Laurens, and congratulations to Commander sh’Elas!

The Department of Resources has begun an overhaul of the Pegasus Fleet wiki database. Our goal is to clean up some of the clutter and to streamline the content so that it will be easier for folks to navigate. As there are only a few of us working on this project, we expect that it will take some time, and we ask for your patience. Please do not make any changes or additions to the wiki during this project. If you see something that needs to be updated, contact Rear Admiral Virtam (@Doug Clement) and we will try to take care of it for you.

Finally, in case you missed the announcement earlier this week, STF is hosting a short-story writing competition. The contest is open to writers from outside the STF community. If anyone is interested in submitting an entry, or would like to know more information, check out the STF website here.

This month’s meeting will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, April 19 at 3:00 pm EDT / 8:00 pm GMT. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, May 17. Please note that because of Mother’s Day in the US, the meeting will be on the third Sunday of the month.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
February's Post of the Month goes to:

"Intelligent Engineering" by Lieutenant Remington Dodd & Lieutenant JG Iria Walon (USS Tomcat)

For the March Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, May 15, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

------------------------------------------------
Check out our wiki!
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact our Chief of Public Relations
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”