A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - May 2020

Post by Alex » Sat May 16, 2020 3:37 am

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all continuing to stay safe and well during the lockdowns. Just like last month, things have stayed a little slower around the fleet. Again, I’d like to say thank you to all of our essential workers for everything they are doing right now. We can’t appreciate you all enough.

Remember, if anyone is having trouble getting through isolation and is looking for someone to talk to, Pegasus Fleet is full of wonderful and friendly people. If you’re not already in our Discord chat, I encourage you to click one of the Discord links at the bottom of this email and join us there.

I only have a few updates for you all this month. First off, we have three new sims this month. Joining us as a brand new CO is Commander Eranfel of the Insignia-class USS Komorkis. Welcome, Commander. We also have a new sim set in 2371, the Galaxy-class USS Ermiana, under command of Captain Mikoto Misaka. And finally, we have a new sim called Star Trek: Homefront, a sim based on Earth at the Office of the President of the United Federation of Planets, led by Eniara Pol, Chief of Staff. Please give a warm welcome to all of our new sims!

Next I have a special announcement that was unfortunately missed last month. This past March, the USS Tomcat, under command of Fleet Captain Jasmine Somers, celebrated seven years in Pegasus Fleet! Congratulations to Fleet Captain Somers and the Tomcat crew on your anniversary!

Finally, the biggest change coming from Operations and the PFA this month is the official separation of the Area of Operation and the Task Force. Up until now each Task Force was assigned a specific AoO and was supposed to stay in that general area of space. After discussion at the Admiralty level, in order to better allow sims to operate freely, the AoO distinction is being removed from the Task Forces. This only removes the implication of each Task Force’s location. Each Task Force and Sim are allowed to set up their story arcs how they see fit and where it makes sense.

This month’s meeting will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, May 17 at 3:00 pm EDT / 8:00 pm BST. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, June 14.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
March's Post of the Month goes to:

"Journey" by Lieutenant Commander William Rogers (USS Astraea)

For the April Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, June 12, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

------------------------------------------------
Check out our wiki!
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact our Chief of Public Relations
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”