A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - September 2020

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:06 am

Hello everyone!

Summer may be winding down for most of us, but that doesn’t mean our fun has to end. We’re just over a month away from season 3 of Discovery, and Lower Decks has had our Resource team running around like kids in a candy store. I have a few announcements this month, so let’s get to them.

First off I’d like to welcome two new commanding officers to Pegasus Fleet. Please give a warm welcome to Lt. Commander Canaan Serine of the Raven-class USS Cardinal, and Commander Maia Sterling of the Norway-class USS Leto. Congratulations and welcome!

I also have a TFCO related announcement. Many of you are probably aware by now that we have a couple of vacancies at TFCO. If anyone has any questions about the reason for the vacancies, feel free to contact me. With these vacancies, the PFA have decided to take a different approach to finding our next TFCOs. Traditionally we have opened up an application period, reviewed those applications, and selected the candidates based on those applications. After some discussion, we have decided that we’re not going to do that this time. Instead, we will be looking to our COs, as well as other members of the Fleet, to demonstrate through their actions that they have what it takes to be a TFCO.

We’re looking for go getting, community minded members, preferably COs or those with CO experience, who exemplify the high standards that we hold as a Fleet. We’re looking for those of you who stand up as a leader in this community, by creating a welcoming atmosphere, helping those in the community who are looking for help, and by showing us that you care not for titles and positions, but instead care for this community and want to help it continue to grow. When we have identified the individuals to embody those ideals, we will reach out to you. Just like with good writing, we’re looking for show, not tell.

While we are waiting for the right TFCO candidates, I want you all to know that we, as a community, are all here for you. If anyone needs anything or just wants to chat, feel free to send us a message or email. Pegasus Fleet belongs to the community, not just a select few. No matter if you are a long serving CO or staff member, a brand new member, or simply someone who is checking out our community for the first time, we value your opinions and feedback. So don’t hesitate to let us know!

Finally, I’m excited to announce that we are bringing back our Sim of the Month awards! Our August winners for Gold, Silver, and Bronze Sims of the Month are shown further down below. Congratulations to our winners!

This month’s meeting will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, September 13 at 3:00 pm EDT / 8:00 pm BST. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, October 11.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award
Gold Sim of the Month - Starbase 243
Silver Sim of the Month - USS Ranger
Bronze Sim of the Month - USS Tomcat

Post of the Month Award
July’s Post of the Month goes to:

"A Quiet Sort of Kindness" by Lieutenant Odan Tran (USS Astraea)

For the August Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, October 9, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

Check out our wiki!
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”