A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - December 2020

Post by Alex » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:52 am

Hello everyone!

I know for some of us this year has flown by. For others, it’s seemed to drag on forever. Either way, it’s December, and a new year is just around the corner. That also means that we’re full swing into the holiday season, and with that we usually see a reduction in activity. Commanding officers, please be aware of this. We also have some exciting news since it is the end of the year, but I’ll tell you more about that later.

First, we’d like to welcome a couple of new sims. First off, Rear Admiral Calloway, as Captain Reginal Jacobs, has introduced the Cestus III Academy, a campus of Starfleet Academy located near the Eleventh Fleet headquarters. This sim can be used for players interested in cadet characters, but also for members who are newer to simming to help build up experience. The second new sim transferring into Pegasus Fleet last month is the SS Ceres, an NX-class sim commanded by Commander Gregory Watney set during the Earth-Romulan War. Please give a warm welcome to Commander Watney and the crew of the Ceres!

This past month we also have some new additions to the Pegasus Fleet staff. Already a longtime member of the Resources staff, I’m excited to announce our new Chief of Starfleet Engineering, Captain Alex Powell. I’m also excited to announce two new Task Force Commanding Officers. In TF56, we have Lt. Commander Canaan Serine of the USS Cardinal! And in D74 we have Captain Celia Rhodes of the USS Mauretania! Congratulations to our new staff members!

Last month Pegasus Fleet and Independence Fleet hosted the Tenth Annual Fall Fest. FallFest is an online roleplaying convention that is held each year in the fall in conjunction with OngoingWorlds. This year’s event was held on November 14. We had a really great turnout at this year’s event. It was wonderful to see so many members of Pegasus Fleet presenting the fleet. We also had some fantastic panels led by members of our community. At our meeting this week I’d like to talk about FallFest and hear from those who attended about what they liked, and what they thought we could do better.

Speaking of FallFest, I’m also proud to say that OngoingWorlds has presented the OngoingWorlds Community Honor to Rear Admiral Devane and myself for our service and support of this year’s FallFest. Thank you very much to OngoingWorlds for this honor.

Before I move on from the topic of online conventions, I’m also excited to announce Pegasus Fleet will be co-hosting the 2021 Khitomer Conference. The Khitomer Conference is just around the corner on February 20, 2021. Time and details will be announced later. Panelists are already being lined up, so if anyone is interested in leading a panel, see me or Amethyst for more information.

As I said, it’s the end of the year. And with the end of the year, that means it’s time for our end of year fleet awards. These first three awards will be decided by all of you through a community vote. The awards up for vote are:
New Commanding Officer of the Year
This award is given to COs that have been active in the fleet for a minimum of 3 months but less than one year, who show great dedication to their ship.

Commanding Officer of the Year

This award is given to COs that have been active within the fleet for the entire year who show great dedication to their ship.

Executive Officer of the Year

This award is given to XOs that have been active in the fleet for a minimum of 3 months who show great dedication to their ship.
Voting will be open on these awards until January 2. You can vote on all three of these awards here

We also have our Sim of the Year awards that will not be based on votes, and instead will be determined by the monthly award performance throughout the year.
Roman Sanchez Sim of the Year

TF11 Task Force Sim of the Year

TF37 Task Force Sim of the Year

TF56 Task Force Sim of the Year

D74 Sim of the Year
Finally, our last award is the Exemplary Service Award, which will be presented to any player at the discretion of the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty in recognition of outstanding service to the Fleet as a whole. We’ll be accepting nominations for this award through January 2 as well. Please send your nominees to awards@pegasusfleet.net.

This month’s meeting will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, December 13 at 3:00 pm EST / 8:00 pm GMT. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, January 10.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award

Post of the Month Award
October’s Post of the Month goes to:

"Back where the vibrations feel good...until they don't" by Lieutenant Mica Rue (USS Astraea)

For the November Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Sunday, January 3, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

Check out our wiki!
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”