A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - January 2021

Post by Alex » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:50 am

Hello everyone!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a nice holiday. We’re finally moving on from 2020. Like with many of our sims, activity slowed down with the fleet staff while we spent some time with family and recharging at the end of the year. Because of that, I only have a few announcements, most of them follow up announcements from last month. So let’s get started.

As a reminder from last month, we’re about six weeks out from the third annual Khitomer Conference. Pegasus Fleet will be co-hosting the Khitomer Conference on Saturday, February 20. I should be able to post times and a schedule by next month’s update. There are still some openings for panels, so if anyone is interested, please let me or Amethyst know.

There is also another simming conference coming up next weekend, the Babel Conference, hosted by RPG Writing, Split World Alliance, and Theta Fleet. The Babel Conference will be held on January 16. You can join the discord server here, or check out the conference website at http://babel.sim-station.net/.

Our Resources department has been busy this past month, and they are excited to announce the release of two new starship classes; the California and Parliament classes! Both ship classes were first seen in Star Trek: Lower Decks. The California-class is probably best known as the class of our hero ship, the USS Cerritos. The Parliament-class was first seen as the USS Vancouver.

The biggest update I have for you this month is the announcements for our 2020 awards! Before I get started, we do plan to have award images made for these, including for the December 2020 Sims of the Month and November 2020 Post of the Month. They were not available at the time of this update. With that out of the way, let’s get started.

First off is the Exemplary Service Award. This award was presented at the discretion of the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty in recognition of outstanding service to the Fleet as a whole. This year we have selected four very deserving individuals. Our 2020 Exemplary Service recipients are CipherHornet, Cor Cordale, Canaan Serine, and Admiral S’iraa! Congratulations to all of you!

Next we have the Task Force Sims of the Year, which are awarded to the sim in each task force based on their cumulative monthly performance throughout the past year. The winners for each Task Force are as follows:

Task Force 11 - USS Tomcat
Task Force 37 - USS Pennsylvania
Task Force 56 - USS Cardinal and USS Vesta
Division 74 - USS Ermiana

Congratulations to these sims and their crews!

These next few award recipients were selected by the members of Pegasus Fleet. Before I announce those winners, I’d first like to say that we were blown away by the number of responses to this poll. Thank you so much to all of you for making your voices heard!

Our 2020 Executive Officer of the Year goes to…
Commander Kanaka “Kana” Shakura of the USS Poseidon!

Our 2020 New Commanding Officer of the Year goes to…
Lt. Commander Canaan Serine of the USS Cardinal!

And our 2020 Commanding Officer of the Year goes to…
Captain Abigail Laurens of the USS Astraea!

Finally, the moment you’ve all been waiting for, is our 2020 Roman Sanchez Sim of the Year! This award goes to the sim with the greatest accumulated award performance throughout the year, based on posting activity and previous Post of the Month awards. This year’s award goes to…

The USS Astraea!

Congratulations to all of our winners and a big thank you to everyone for everything that you do to make Pegasus Fleet the wonderful community that it is!

Our meeting this month will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, January 10 at 3:00 pm EST / 8:00 pm GMT. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, February 14.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award
Gold Sim of the Month - USS Tomcat
Silver Sim of the Month - USS Comfort
Bronze Sim of the Month - USS Pennsylvania

Post of the Month Award
November’s Post of the Month goes to:

"Catastrophe In The Making" by Lieutenant JG Charlotte Aschail (USS Astraea)

For the December Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Wednesday, February 3, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

Check out our wiki!
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”