A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - April 2021

Post by Alex » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:28 am

Hello everyone!

Happy April, and Happy First Contact Day! This year’s First Contact Day brought us several new teasers and reveals for all of the new shows, including a release date for Lower Decks season 2. We still have a few months until then, but at least most of us have some nicer weather ahead of us to hold us over. I just have a few announcements for this month, so let’s get to them.

First off we have a new sim in Division 74. Under the command of Lord Aethan Velaryon, The Six Kingdoms is a medieval sim set in Westeros, nearly a hundred years after the end of Game of Thrones.

We also have a few promotions among our COs this past month. Promoted from Commander to Captain is Jason Faulkner, commanding officer of the USS Omaha. Also promoted to Captain is Maia Sterling, commanding officer of the USS Leto. And finally promoted from Lt. Commander to Commander is Canaan Serine, commanding officer of the USS Cardinal. Congratulations to each of you on your promotions!

March 1 also marked the 8th Anniversary of the USS Tomcat. Congratulations to Fleet Captain Somers and the crew of the Tomcat on this major achievement!

Last month Ongoing Worlds announced the winners of their 2020 Tournament of Simulations awards. This year Pegasus Fleet picked up our first award, going to the USS Cardinal and Commander Serine for a Great Star Trek Sim! Congratulations to the crew of the Cardinal! Well deserved!

It is my pleasure to introduce a new face to the Fleet staff. Well, not a new face, but a new position. I'm excited to announce that Zerin has been selected to be our new Academy Vice Commandant, Captain William Kelly! As Vice Commandant, Zerin will be working closely with Admiral Calloway on new projects as well as ensure that Academy operations run smoothly. Zerin previously served as our Academy Commandant and continued to be one of our Academy instructors after leaving the PFA. He's well versed in our Academy and will be a fantastic addition to our team.

Please join me in congratulating Zerin on his new appointment and welcome back to the Fleet staff!

Finally I’d like to remind everyone that the SciWorld online conference has been scheduled for Saturday, June 12th and is now open for panelists! If you're interested in running a panel, please DM me or Amethyst and we can get you scheduled. Time slots are first in best dressed so make sure you're quick so you don't miss out.

Our meeting this month will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, April 11 at 3:00 pm EDT / 8:00 pm BST. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, May 16. Note that this is the third Sunday of the month due to Mother’s Day in the US.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award

Post of the Month Award
February’s Post of the Month goes to:

"Season 2 Interlude" by Lt. Cmdr Paul Sharpe, Lt. Cmdr T'Pri, Lt. Cmdr Sam Perkins, and Lt. Michael Stevens (USS Poseidon)

For the March Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking the post title for each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, May 8, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

Check out our wiki!
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”