A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - May 2021

Post by Alex » Sat May 15, 2021 7:52 am

Hello everyone!

Happy Mother’s Day for all of the mothers in our Fleet. I hope you were all able to enjoy your day last weekend. I only have a few announcements this month, but they’re big ones.

First off, I’d like to congratulate Tobias Bishop III, commanding officer of starbase Deep Space 3, on his promotion to Captain. Congratulations, Captain Bishop!

Speaking of promotions, in case you missed it, our Chief of Fleet Operations, Niamh Devane, was surprised at last month’s meeting with a well deserved promotion to Vice Admiral. Once again, congratulations, Vice Admiral Devane!

I’d also like to remind everyone about the upcoming SciWorld conference. SciWorld is an online simming conference, similar to FallFest or the Khitomer Conference, and will be held on Discord on Saturday, June 12. The event will start at 11:30 AM EDT / 4:30 PM BST. Note that this will be the day before our June meeting, so be sure to mark your calendars now.

You can join the SciWorld server here.

My last announcement this month is a sad one. Rear Admiral Joseph Calloway, the Commandant of the Pegasus Fleet Academy, has announced his resignation from his commandant position. Admiral Calloway has unfortunately been dealing with a lot outside of the Fleet, and felt that it was better to take a step back for now. He is not leaving the Fleet, however, and will continue to serve as the commanding officer of the USS Pennsylvania.

Admiral, I’d like to thank you for your service as our Academy Commandant and for everything you have done for Pegasus Fleet. I wish you the best in everything you do, and I’m glad that we’ll continue to hear from you in chat. We’ll miss you in the Admiralty, but I know that you have to take care of you first.

As we have done recently with other staff positions, the rest of the PFA have decided to forego an open application period. Instead we’ll keep the position open for now and conduct a search for the ideal candidate. We’ll be looking for someone who is knowledgeable, organized, and works well with others. We’ll also be looking for someone who is willing to step up to make Pegasus Fleet a better place. In the meantime, our Vice Commandant, Captain William Kelly, will help coordinate Academy operations.

Our meeting this month will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, May 16 at 3:00 pm EDT / 8:00 pm BST. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, June 13.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award

Post of the Month Award
March’s Post of the Month goes to:

"Not what I was trained for" by Ensign Thyra Sh'shraaqir & Ensign Ted Silver (USS Tomcat)

For the April Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking the post title for each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, June 5, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

Check out our wiki!
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”