A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - August 2021

Post by Alex » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:12 am

Hello everyone!

Happy August. I hope those of you who were interested have been enjoying watching the Olympics. I’ve learned over the last couple of weeks that I know even less about diving than I thought I knew. And I thought I knew nothing about diving. In any case, congratulations to all of the athletes!

We have a couple of sim announcements this month. First off, Lt. Commander Ewo’tOst Merrova has officially taken command of the USS Cardinal. Congratulations on your new position, Commander! We also celebrated two anniversaries last month. The USS Pennsylvania, under the command of Captain Dirk Taggart, turned two years old on July 1. And the USS Mauretania, commanded by Captain Celia Rhodes, celebrated their first anniversary on July 30. Congratulations to both of you and your crews!

Last month we announced that a vulnerability was discovered in Nova, and a new version was released to deal with that vulnerability. I’d like to give a big shout out to Admiral Devane and Captain Tobias Bishop for getting the Fleet’s Nova sites updated. Thank you, both!

As most of you probably know, the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty has been searching for a new Academy Commandant and a fifth member of the PFA. While our search was not necessarily public, we had been looking for individuals who really stood out among the community and wanted to make a difference for the betterment of the fleet.

When Admiral Calloway stepped down as Commandant a few months ago, he left Academy operations in the capable hands of his Vice Commandant, Captain William Kelly. Despite his tendencies to flail, which Pegasus neither endorses nor condones, Captain Kelly has demonstrated his dedication to the Fleet on countless occasions. His previous experience as Academy Commandant, as well as his latest tenure as Vice Commandant, has prepared him for the many challenges that he may face while leading the Academy.

It is my pleasure to welcome Rear Admiral William Kelly back to the PFA and to introduce him to all of you as our new Academy Commandant! Please join me in Congratulating Admiral Kelly on his new position!

The last update this month is not an announcement, but rather a challenge. Admiral Devane, our Chief of Fleet Operations, has issued a challenge to our commanding officers to aim for two posts per player this month. Your commanding officers may have already reached out to you about this challenge. Let’s try to get everyone doing their part to meet this challenge!

Our meeting this month will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, August 8 at 3:00 pm EDT / 8:00 pm BST. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, September 12.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award

Post of the Month Award
June’s Post of the Month goes to:

"Light of Day" by Lieutenant JG Matthew Thompson and Ensign Ted Silver (USS Tomcat)

For the July Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking the post title for each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, September 4, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

Check out our wiki!
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”