A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - January 2022

Post by Alex » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:34 am

Hello everyone!

Happy New Year! Welcome to 2022. I hope you all survived the holidays. I know I personally enjoyed some time off from work to just relax and get some much needed rest. Since our Fleet timeline rolls over on the even years, I just want to remind everyone that the sim year is now 2395. So don’t forget to update your ship chronometers.

We celebrated one anniversary this past month. The Six Kingdoms celebrated one year on December 5! Congratulations to King Aethan Velaryon and the people of Westeros!

Before we get into our biggest topic this month, I’d like to remind everyone about the upcoming Khitomer Conference, an online conference held annually in February with a focus on Star Trek simming. It will be held on Saturday, February 19, 2022. We’re still looking for more panelists, so if you’re interested in hosting a panel, let me or Amethyst know. The Khitomer Conference will be held on Discord, and if you haven’t already joined the Khitomer server, you can do so here: https://discord.gg/cGz8EP7R9n

Since it’s the start of a new calendar year, that means it’s time to announce the winners of our annual fleet awards. As we mentioned last month, we have several awards to present, some of which you got to choose the winners with your votes. Before I announce the winner of each award, I’ll give a brief description.

Task Force Sims of the Year
Awarded to the best sim of the year, using their monthly award performance.

Exemplary Service Award
This award can be awarded to any player at the discretion of the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty in recognition of outstanding service to the Fleet as a whole. This year’s recipient has been a chatty and friendly member of our community on Discord, a multiple panelist at the Khitomer Conference and FallFest, and one of our unsung heroes as an Academy instructor.

Please join me in congratulating Gregory for this honor!

Executive Officer of the Year
This award is given to an XO who has been active in their position for a minimum of 3 months and who has shown great dedication to their ship. This year’s award goes to Commander Ichio Gail of the USS Astraea!

New Commanding Officer of the Year
This award is given to a CO who has been active in the fleet for a minimum of 3 months but less than one year, who has shown great dedication to their ship. This year’s award goes to Captain Michelle Bartlett of the USS Wellington!

Commanding Officer of the Year
This award is given to COs who have been active within the fleet for the entire year who has shown great dedication to their ship. This year’s award goes to Captain Abigail Laurens of the USS Astraea!

Roman Sanchez Sim of the Year
Awarded to the best sim of the year, using their monthly award performance. This year’s award goes to… the USS Astraea!

Congratulations to all of our winners! This is only a small token of our appreciation for everything you do. These achievements are all well deserved. Congratulations and well done!

Our meeting this month will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, January 9, at 3:00 pm EST / 8:00 pm GMT. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, February 13.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award

Post of the Month Award
November’s Post of the Month goes to:

"Tightening the Bind" by Capt Abigail Laurens, Lt Cmd Evelyn Rozia, Lt Cmd Jason Myers, Lt Cmd William Rogers, Lt Naomi McLaren, Cmd Ichiko Gail, Lt Cmd William Gunnison (USS Astraea)

For the December Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking the post title for each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, February 5, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

Check out our wiki!
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”