A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - February 2022

Post by Alex » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:35 am

Hello everyone!

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope everyone will be able to spend the holiday with someone special. We have a handful of announcements this month.

First off, we have one promotion this month. Please join me in congratulating Temperance Harding of the USS Endurance on their promotion to Captain!

We also have a very special anniversary. In January the USS Wellington celebrated their 9th anniversary! Congratulations to Captain Michelle Bartlett and the crew the USS Wellington on this incredible achievement! We look forward to many more years.

I'm also excited to announce that we have selected our new task force commanding officer of Task Force 11. With Fleet Captain Somers stepping down, we had been actively seeking a new TF11 TFCO for a few months. We wanted someone who showed themselves to be a cut above, whose commitment to our community showed through actions, not just words. We wanted someone who doesn't just work well with the Admiralty, and also with the entire community, but someone whose spirit exemplifies what Pegasus Fleet stands for.

Please join me in welcoming and congratulating Captain Temperance Harding on their new posting as the Task Force Commanding Officer of TF11!

I'd like to finish this month's update by reminding everyone about the upcoming Khitomer Conference. The conference will take place this coming Saturday, February 19. The event will be held entirely on Discord.

The full schedule can be found on the Discord server. Several members of Pegasus Fleet will be leading us in panels for the event. Commander Calypso Skyie of the USS Chimera will start the first hour with "The Art of Sun Tzu", a how-to panel on writing a combat scene. Cipher/Captain Larisna Koralova will later present "Starships and You" about making your ship a character on your sim. I'll be leading a discussion on the Prime Directive. Admiral Devane will be co-hosting a panel with a member of Obsidian Fleet's joint fleet council on Character Truth Bombs. Gregory will present "Writing in the Slow Lane", a panel about what to write when the main plot seems to be passing you by. Angelus will be discussing the pros and cons of various modes of simming. And I'll be co-hosting another panel with Admiral Virtam called "Course Corrections", a discussion on how to navigate changing canon.

These panels and more will offer a fantastic opportunity to learn how to improve our simming, to collaborate with other members of the greater simming community, and to break down competitive barriers between the various fleets. The fun will kick off at 10:30am EST / 3:30 pm GMT. You can join the festivities here. We look forward to seeing you all there!

This month's meeting will be this Sunday, February 13, at 3:00 pm EST. It will be held in the #meeting channel of the Fleet Discord Server, and is open to all current and prospective members of the fleet. Everyone is encouraged to attend. The next meeting will be held on Sunday, March 13.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award

Post of the Month Award
December’s Post of the Month goes to:

"Auld Lang Syne" by Capt. Larisna Koralova, Lt. Rei Yamashi, Lt. E'Lor Yeserina Daughter House Morlag, Lt. Penny Mc Taggard, Cmd. Amanda Malloy, and Lt. Jaro Antos (USS Hornet)

For the January Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking the post title for each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, March 5, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

Check out our wiki!
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”