A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - March 2022

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:07 am

Hello everyone!

Happy March! And a very happy Pi Day! I hope you all can celebrate the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter by enjoying a fresh baked treat on Monday. I have a few announcements this month, including a big one. So let’s get to it.

First off, we have a new sim joining us as part of Division 74, the Tyche Colony, led by Captain Nimeeh Vixil! The Tyche Colony is the aftermath of the ill fated journey of the USS Tyche to the Delta Quadrant using the graviton catapult.

We also have two anniversaries in February. On February 19, the USS Omaha celebrated their second anniversary. Congratulations to Captain Faulkner and the crew of the Omaha on this achievement! And on February 23, Starbase 332 celebrated its twelfth anniversary! Congratulations to the crew of Starbase 332!

As I’m sure you all remember since I had been reminding you about it for months, last month was the Fourth Annual Khitomer Conference, an online roleplaying event founded in the spirit of cooperation among the greater simming community. This year’s event was held on Saturday, February 19. I was excited to see a very strong presence by Pegasus Fleet, both among the attendees and among the panelists. Our panelists did a fantastic job leading their discussions. At our meeting on Sunday I’m planning to have an open discussion about the event, what everyone thought went well, and what you thought could have been better. So be prepared to talk about the event on Sunday.

We have one last piece of news for this month, and unfortunately it’s some sad news. After much consideration, our Pegasus Fleet Executive Officer and Furry Overlord, Admiral S’iraa, has decided to step down from his positions in order to focus on his health. I know it couldn’t have been an easy decision.

Admiral S’iraa has served Pegasus Fleet with distinction for several years, serving in multiple roles including TFCO and Chief of Public Relations before taking on the role of the Fleet Executive Officer. He was also the commanding officer of the USS Dreadnought for an incredible run of 15 years!

During his time in the PFA, Admiral S’iraa has contributed to many of our fleet projects, and has been a friend and guiding light to me. We had a lot of fun over the years. On behalf of the PFA, I thank him for everything that he has done for this community, and we wish him the very best with his health and future endeavors.

With Admiral S’iraa’s departure, the PFA has chosen Vice Admiral D’era Virtam as our new PFXO, effective immediately. Admiral Virtam will continue to serve as the Director of Resources, with his new role as PFXO being an extension of his duties. Please join me in congratulating Admiral Virtam on becoming our new Pegasus Fleet Executive Officer!

Our meeting this month will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, March 13, at 3:00 pm EDT / 7:00 pm GMT. Please note the time change as Daylight Saving Time will have begun in the United States and Canada prior to the meeting time. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, April 10.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award

Post of the Month Award
January’s Post of the Month goes to:

"Designing A New Pod" by Lt Jason Beauvoir and Lt Commander Alexander Espersen (USS Chimera)

For the February Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking the post title for each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, April 2, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

Check out our wiki!
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”