Award Ideas

Stephen
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Award Ideas

Post by Stephen » Sat May 18, 2013 2:44 am

Terris wrote:The Distinguished Service Crosses were discontinued because they weren't getting attention like the others. If you guys want the Service Crosses back they would have to be brought to the PFA to have them re-instated.
Personally I think this was a good move as there was no real qualification for the awards that I saw anyway. Which is something else that we should go toward with new award ideas having definite qualifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Williams
Admin
Admin

Re: Award Ideas

Post by Williams » Sat May 18, 2013 6:46 am

Enor wrote:Actually I agree with Smith. I was once awarded the Sciences Service Medal in OF, and it thrilled me to no end. It was an IC award as well as an OOC one, and I loved getting it. It really means something to the player. So yeah, I think we should have them.
TBH, I would say that would be an OOC award for something you wrote about IC. Afterall, a medal for working in the science department isn't much of a medal IC, but OOC it means that you've written a science character really well, which is the bit that you'd be proud of.

I agree with the earlier sentiment about purely IC awards - they're in character; they can get written for whenever it suits the character fairly easily. For a purple heart all you'd have to do is make sure your character gets injured on a mission, which is like ticking boxes. OOC awards that reward how we write our characters are far more rewarding to receive, imo.

Jilrak
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Award Ideas

Post by Jilrak » Sun May 26, 2013 5:39 pm

I totally missed this originally so I find it ironic that I just put out an email to my CO's about this.

I think having awards is a great idea as both internally and externally it shows that the CO's are paying attention to their players and sims. They are a definitely a way to supplement advertising and keep players.

The first thing that needs to be done is that CO's actually need to start awarding the monthlies. According to the by-laws they can do this at anytime. We then have to start doing the level 2's and 3's. I would like to see all the CO's putting in nominations for fleet post of the month and get the nominations up on the forum in a poll like we are supposed to. As far as the level 2, Ruby, Jade, Diamond awards, I would like to see this either on a Task Force level or Fleet level. Given the number of ships we have in each Task Group and number of Task Groups, I think it cheapens the awards and that we are just giving ourselves awards for the sake of giving them.

And yes, the graphics are a bit wonky. If we don't have someone to remake them, a previous XO of mine made some and I am sure if I asked, he would allow us to use them.

I am really grateful that you are tackling this. I think it will be an easy vote for the PFA.

Hansen
Lieutenant Commander Robert Haines, CIO
USS Viper
http://viper.rpgs-r.us

Marine Captain Tom Andrews, CO
The Renegades
http://www.renegades.utopia-host.com

Return to “Award Archives”