Engineering Award?

Have a question? Ask here, and a member of the staff will do their best to answer it for you!
Spooky
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Engineering Award?

Post by Spooky » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:23 pm

Okay.

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided to throw it here and see what happens.

I was adding the awards onto my Simm's SMS site, and I noticed a peculiarity. On the PF IFS site, Engineering doesn't have a Service Award. There is one for both Sec and Tac, and one for Operations, but not one for Engineering? Was this intentional, or an over-sight, or a simple clerical error?

Normally, I wouldn't make much of a fuss (less awards = less work to add them) but I play Engineers alot, and it irked me that there isn't one.

Thank you.

Williams
Admin
Admin

Re: Engineering Award?

Post by Williams » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Hmm, it would appear that we forgot to add that one into the list when we set out the awards...

I'll bring it up with the PFA to get the By-Law ammended.

Spooky
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Spooky » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Heh, cool.

I didn't notice until I tried to put the department awards in order, and... one tiny hole in there.

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Post by Terris » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:12 am

:oops: How did that happen??

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. If you feel that there should be more awards or have any suggestions for Awards please let me know.
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Spooky
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Spooky » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:49 am

Well...

I don't have a suggestion, but I do have a question.

The "Tour of Duty" awards... I have looked everywhere I can think of, and I can't find what defines a "Tour" of duty. Is it one mission? A set number? Something else?

FruitLoop
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by FruitLoop » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:23 am

Perhaps some for creative writing or good spelling/grammar. Or some others.

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Post by Terris » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:26 am

Spooky: The Tour of Duties except for the Federation Tour of Duty is pretty much Mission Related. Ex. If your Sim does a Mission in or near one of those Territories (Like defending an Allied Klingon colony ship in the Neutral Zone [Throwing stuff out her] then those that participated in the Mission would receive the award.

The Federation Tour of Duty is for Exchange Officer's ONLY. (Ex. you have a Klingon, Romulan, etc. Exchange Officer serving on your ship for like an Observer or something of that nature then after the Mission or Missions that they participate in they receive the Award.

Enor: We have the Funny "Bones" Award for those that make posts Humorous and we have the Post Master Award for those that write a butt-load (Post after post after post) so to speak. If you have suggestions for Awards feel free to draft them up in the following Format and send it to my Office :)

Award Name:
Award Description:
Award Level:

Award Level - Level 1 is General Awards that are handed out by CO's. Level 2 Awards are Monthly Awards and Level 3 are Yearly Awards
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Return to “Questions for PF Staff”