Star Maps

Have a question? Ask here, and a member of the staff will do their best to answer it for you!
Treymiar
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Star Maps

Post by Treymiar » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:03 pm

(Please feel free to swat me upside the head if you already have this and I missed spotting it.)

But... What this site could use is a forum dedicated to Star Maps.
There, simms can add the planets, hazards, colonies, and galactic phenomena which they encounter.

Any of you mission to a Dyson Sphere?
Maybe another ship in a different mission can add to your legacy, sequel or prequel.

Beside our own homespun worlds, planets from other genres could also be added.
Anybody up to fighting bugs on Klendathu? (Kind of gives new meaning to "Starship Troopers", don't it? ;) )
A more ethereal visit to the sentient planet Solaris, anyone?

If a ship missions to such a world, maybe a 'news' post could be added to that thread in the Star Maps forum.
A common star maps forum could better enable different simms to share a more common PF legacy.

PSF

"Sometimes, people become enemies because they don't understand each other.
Other times, they become enemies because they do."

Williams
Admin
Admin

Re: Star Maps

Post by Williams » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:45 pm

That's a large part of what the GAC is set up to do - missions, planets and systems are among the many things that can go through the process to become GAC Articles and Fleet Canon, which each get periodically added to our PF maps.

Though I do think that there would likely be a fair bit of resistance to adding worlds from other genres - that sort of cross-pollination is something that, as least when I was PFCO, we were always careful to avoid - though of course that wouldn't stop a CO from doing a mission like that. It would just likely not make it into the Fleet canon :)

Return to “Questions for PF Staff”