CO Course

Have a question? Ask here, and a member of the staff will do their best to answer it for you!
Alexanderia Cahill
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

CO Course

Post by Alexanderia Cahill » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:09 pm

I am interested in taking the CO Course. I was wondering who I need to contact and how I may sign up for this course. Thanks to those who reply in advance.

I have been doing star Trek simms for more than 7 years in several different fleets. And one day hope to have my own ship.

Alexanderia Cahill

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Re: CO Course

Post by Terris » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:13 am

Generally in order to take the CO course one must apply for a sim within the fleet.
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Constantine
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Constantine » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:15 am

The exception to this is a recommendation by your sim Commanding Officer, but generally as Terris said it does coincide with Ship applications.

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Actually, this brings up a good point. Is there a reason why people can't take the CO course in preparation of being a CO? Is it an issue of having too many people in the course at once? I suppose with a COs recommendation then she can take it, but I was just wondering what the reasoning is for not letting anyone just take it early.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Alexanderia Cahill
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by Alexanderia Cahill » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:21 pm

I am currently the CMO on the Tomcat here in Pegasas Fleet and was ACMO on the Electra Commander Sterling (Captian Tava Shraall) was the CO on the Electra there. My Character name on the Electra was Christinamarie Bolt and I was a LT there. The simm address for the Electra was http://www.usselectra.starfleetuk.org

I am only trying to adavance myself and also to hopefully have a command of my own. I am a true fan of Star Trek going back the orginal series, as well as all sequeals and movies. I have been rping in Star trek simms for over 7 years.

Constantine
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Constantine » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Honestly there is nothing forbidding any player from taking the CO course without an application or ship. Generally the reason for the recommendation or having an existing ship is constraints on the Academy staff. Currently we have three instructors in the Academy so if we were seeing an influx in students priority would go to those with ships already. Does that mean a player can't sit on the waiting list? No, it just means it make take more time to get to them.

The decision ultimately lies with the Academy Commandant. Seeing as the Academy has been slow lately I don't see an issue with putting you through the course.

Best course of action would be to email him at: academy@pegasusfleet.net.

Alexanderia Cahill
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by Alexanderia Cahill » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks for the information everyone. I was checking to see what I needed to do to advance in rank. I love doing Star Trek Simulations and hope one day to have my own command.. I always feel the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Constantine
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Constantine » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:07 pm

Advancements are done throughout time and showing dedication to running your sim. Currently a CO begins as a Lt. Cmdr but it immediately promoted to Cmdr following completion of the CO course. After this generally a Commander will see a promotion to Captain in 6 months however this is at the discretion of the TFCO and it based on how you run your sim (an inactive commander may not get rewarded).

Alexanderia Cahill
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by Alexanderia Cahill » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:54 am

Thank you very much for the information. I find it to be extremely helpful. I am looking to advance as time goes on. But plan to take it one step at a time.

asiafish
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by asiafish » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:11 pm

I just took command of the USS Nimitz, where do I go to take the CO course?

Return to “Questions for PF Staff”