Departmental Sites

Have a question? Ask here, and a member of the staff will do their best to answer it for you!
Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Departmental Sites

Post by Terris » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:03 pm

I have a question, and I'm sure some other do as well.

Are there going to be any Department Sites? Basically a place where people can go and either get Academy Lessons from the Site if they are in the Academy. You know things like that? or is everything going to put on the Wiki??
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Williams
Admin
Admin

Re: Departmental Sites

Post by Williams » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:30 pm

We condensed the departmental sites into the main IFS site back when we did our redesign. The department sites weren't really being used much and it just seemed we were spreading out the information too much. Anything that we wanted to keep from those sites was added to the IFS (such as deviation requests for R&D, which are now part of the CO menu, or the JAG Case Archives which are under the Resources link). I don't think there's a plan to re-introduce the departmental sites, or at least not in the same form we had them in the past. I believe all of the Academy lessons are emailed to the students whilst they're on the course.

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: Departmental Sites

Post by Alex » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:55 pm

If someone is interested in one of the academy lessons, and they're not currently a student, then I'm sure Admiral Stannes would be willing to provide the information if they asked.

On a related note, was there anything on the old departmental sites that we seem to be missing now? We just didn't have a lot of traffic to them before, and since their styles were all different, they didn't follow the common theme. If there was something that you were looking for that we don't have available somewhere else, please let us know.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Questions for PF Staff”