Task Force Story Arc Options

The area for everything to do with the Task Force 11 Story Arc

Moderators: Amethyst, JasmineSomers

Confusedfire
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Task Force Story Arc Options

Post by Confusedfire » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:46 pm

I wouldn't mind doing Joint Posts with you here on the boards as a means to inform you of what the Praxis is doing. Mainly in regards to what I suggested via PM.

EDIT: This goes for anyone involved in the arc.
Captain Neela Izal
Commanding Officer TF37
Commanding Officer SB-812

"Spot this is down...down is good!"

- LCDR Data

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Yeah, joint posts with me is another thing I'm hoping to include in that bit of the forum (also goes for anyone who doesn't want to be included in the arc, but wants an IC introduction with the CFOps)

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:21 pm

I'm a bit later to the party, but I wanted to join in as well. My preference would be Option 3, but I'm a big fan of the Romulans and would love to see them get involved. I think all three ideas have a lot of political implications to them, which could be good for SB332. Starbases thrive on complicated politics.

Right now SB332 will be focusing on the Sojourner arc, but we're nearing the end of that. I hope to have it pretty much wrapped up in the next few missions. That doesn't mean that we can't have some rumblings of other activity going on in the area, so we can very easily still set some seeds for further involvement in the Task Force story arc.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

CameronM
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by CameronM » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:30 pm

I am personally a big proponent of number 3. Especially if the Tal Shiar are involved. Just because Romulus has suffered a disaster in the recent past doesn't mean that they can't set themselves up for gains in the future after they have inevitably healed from their wounds. This screams something that the Tal Shiar would be doing to me.

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Thu May 07, 2015 5:16 pm

OK, so so far we seem to have a definitive leaning towards either option 1 or 3. We've had quite a few new COs join us since this topic went up though, and some of the older COs haven't offered their opinions on this yet I don't think.

Does anyone else have anything else they want to add to the discussion at this stage? I'm going to see about moving this forward probably after next week or thereabouts. Obviously the discussion phase will still be ongoing as I move us on to the next stage, but I think it's important for as many people as possible to participate in this discussion at all points along the line.

Nathaniel Hunter
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Nathaniel Hunter » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:52 am

For what it is worth Kumiho will make every effort to join in the Fleet Plot once a consensus is reached. We simply need to know the main bullet points and will adapt as needed!

Captain Nathaniel Hunter
Commanding Officer
USS Kumiho

Confusedfire
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Confusedfire » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:50 pm

The Praxis will be starting her second episode soon. It does tie into what we've discussed here, but it also has its own flavor as well and, my crew and myself were wondering if any resolution had been reached in regards to the arc?
Captain Neela Izal
Commanding Officer TF37
Commanding Officer SB-812

"Spot this is down...down is good!"

- LCDR Data

Kaede Kayano
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Kaede Kayano » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:38 pm

I like option 1. Option 2 seems more like what happened in STO with the Klingons withdrawing from the Khitomer accords so they can invade the Gorn homeworld. Since that happened in STO, it would fit with the Tokyo's theme but its kind of cheating when it comes to storytelling.

As for Option 1 it would be good to see Klingon ships and Starfleet ships working together against the Gorn and another enemy. The Gorn could always team up with other empires such as the Tholians, Breen or even Romulans. I am hoping to get some good story arcs for this since the Tokyo is a fast assault starfighter carrier and will be useful working with other ships.

Also should any ships want to team up with the Tokyo, I'm sure we can manage something. :)
ImageImage

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:42 pm

OK, so tallying up the comments we have so far, it looks as though Option 1 is a clear winner, with a lot of secondary support for Option 3.

I'm going to start working on a more detailed plot summary for Option 1, and I'm going to see if I can include the Romulans in there as the Gorn allies, considering the support option 3 had. I should be able to post something up later today on that.

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:44 pm

I would be happy having the Romulans helping out the Gorn, though maybe indirectly would be best. I can see it being a Tal Shiar action, and not open support from the senate. I was hoping for Romulans since I can tie it into one of my character's personal story arc, which having the Tal Shiar involved would work just fine. That sounds good to me.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Task Force 11 Story Arc”