[IKC FHew] Operation Tourniquet

This is the place for all currently active missions to do with the Task Force Story arc; this includes missions available for COs to take up, and a place for COs who are doing missions that have been approved as part of the Story arc to put up some details

Moderators: Amethyst, JasmineSomers

Williams
Admin
Admin

[IKC FHew] Operation Tourniquet

Post by Williams » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:47 pm

Text version:
The Klingon fleet at Q’Tahl was devastated in the opening salvo
of the Gorn’s declaration of war against the Klingon Empire.
Though Klingon battle practice rarely leaves many ships able
to limp away from battle, the size of the force gathered at Q’Tahl
for wargames has resulted in a large number of vessels
arriving at Tengchah 20 in need of repairs and medical
assistance, which is straining the capabilities of the space
station.
The USS [SHIP NAME] is ordered to report to Tengchah 20
to provide the Klingons with whatever engineering and medical
assistance that can be provided. Starbase 48 in orbit of Cestus
III is standing by to transport additional supplies and personnel
as requried.

As ordered by:
Rear Admiral Richard Gates, Chief of Fleet Operations, 11th Fleet

Williams
Admin
Admin

Re: [AVAILABLE] Operation Tourniquet

Post by Williams » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:53 pm

The proposed progression of this mission plot is:
  • The Gorn attack Tengchah 20. The battle goes one of three ways:
    • The Klingon forces are soundly defeated, leading to a rapid withdrawal, and the Gorn forces take control of Tengchah 20
    • The size of the Klingon forces amassed at the station manages to repel the Gorn attackers, leading to the first Klingon victory of the war. The Gorn however are able to obtain valuable information after it is discovered that one of the Klingon battle cruisers had its computer systems hacked during the battle.
    • The Gorn forces are able to sneak troops onto Tengchah 20 to plant an explosive at the station's power plant, completely destroying the installation, and leaving the Klingons with nothing to rally around, leading to them abandoning the battle.
The specific outcome is up to the CO who takes on this mission. If a CO wants this mission but wants it to progress in a different way, feel free to discuss it with me.

Ro' Matlh
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Ro' Matlh » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:42 am

The FHew is due to be involved in some training war games with a SF vessel (filled with recruits). It would be easy for us, as Klingons, to hear of the disaster and ask the SF NPC ship to com and aid.

I would like to make this a significant battle for the FHew, allowing them to be the ones how make a critical strike against a Gorn cruiser. We have an established Secret weapon that will allow us to destroy a ship if we can get ti to stay still long enough to target it. If the Klingons forces are pushed back, the cruiser comes in and pauses by the base (within transporter range), so the FHew manages the kill shot. However, the boarding party of the Gorn still manage to get to the reactor and blow the base. The Klingons manage to route the remaining Gorn, but without the base, they are forced to abandon the system.

Would this be acceptable?

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Sorry, I seem to have completely missed this post.

What are the details of this secret weapon you have? I'm all for the FHew being involved, but I'd like to know a bit more about this weapon since this mission would become TF canon :)

Ro' Matlh
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Ro' Matlh » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:13 am

The weapon is from a long standing enemy the FHew have faced from the Far side of Klingon space. It is fairly simple concept; a Phased Torpedo.

The premise is that immediately before launch a standard Photon/Quantum torpedo is shifted out of phase (a process seen regularly in TNG episodes like The Next Phase). While out of phase it is undetectable and will pass through any shields or armour. When it re-phases into the real world it immediately detonates. This means that if you can measure the distances accurately and plot carefully you can detonate a photon torpedo inside an enemy bridge or engineering bay, etc.

The downside is that, while phased, the torpedo is unable to communicate to the outside world, meaning it cannot track it's target or receive/send telemetry. even a slight movement of the target would mean the torpedo arrives in the wrong location. This means it is a very efficient weapon against ground installations and the largest of ships, but practically useless against smaller vessels. It also requires both firer and target to remain stationary for long enough to make the appropriate calculations.

For Starfleet ships it would be practically worthless, since sitting still during combat would be disastrous. For a small cloaked vessel such as the B'rel, it gives them an opening shot that can disable a D'deridex. However, most Klingons would frown on using such a weapon as two of the tenants of the qe'Sa is to show your true face in combat, and always face your enemy.

So far we have only used it once, and that was against a starbase that had us caught in a tractor beam. We were able to destroy the beam since we were held stationary and so was the base. If the weapon does not suit then I am happy for it to fail (it is stolen tech that we don't fully understand).

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:22 pm

That sounds broadly fine to me, so long as it's not a weapon that could easily be retrofitted to other ships. I'll let Aaron (RAdm Wells) weigh in though before I say one way or the other, since tech stuff is his speciality :)

Joe_Rhimer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:21 pm

Sounds aces to me, guys :) Carry on! (Sorry for the delay on getting back!)

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:49 am

In which case, the FHew's mission is approved as a part of the story arc :D

I'll adjust the initial post and the PADD image at some point so that it would be orders coming from a Klingon Admiral (or maybe adjust it to be the Starfleet-side of orders to assist you when you discover what is going on)

Ro' Matlh
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Re: [IKC FHew] Operation Tourniquet

Post by Ro' Matlh » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:45 am

We were on exercises with a Starfleet ship when the news arrived, so it came to them before reaching us (so no need to change anything). We have shifted to that mission today.

Ro' Matlh
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Re: [IKC FHew] Operation Tourniquet

Post by Ro' Matlh » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:51 am

The FHew has arrived at the Klingon Starbase 20, and it is a mess. Precious few ships have made it out of the initial conflict to regroup here; maybe a dozen ship's of significant size, and a scattering of smaller cruisers. Priority is being given to repairs and re-supplies. Everyone knows the Gorn will push there advantage and attack here as well... we just don't know when.

Return to “Active Missions”