Letters to the COs

General discussion area for all sims in TF37

Moderator: Terris

Taylor_Isley
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Letters to the COs

Post by Taylor_Isley » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:52 pm

To be Transparent and so all members of the TF know what is going on, not just the COs, from time to time I will post the Emails I have sent to the COs here. These emails will have to do how I am running the TF or what is going on with the TF Story Arc. I will never post anything personal or anything about specific player issues.

The idea of this is to give future COs a place they can go and see the information I found importing to tell the COs in the past and so players of all ranks can see what we are doing as higher ups.

To be honest there may not be many of these but if I end up sending an email to all of the COs it will most likely end up here as well.
ImageImage

Taylor_Isley
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Re: Letters to the COs

Post by Taylor_Isley » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Hello Captains,

Let me start by welcoming all of you to TF37. Together we will all be starting the adventure of exploring a new section of space and learning more about the races Voy. was only able to touch on. I am looking forward to seeing the work we do together.

To keep this message on the shorter side, It will still be kinda long, let me skip the introduction of myself and Simply direct you to that forum post: http://forums.pegasusfleet.net/viewtopi ... =63&t=3033

While you are on the forum I also suggest viewing the TF37 Story arc Section. At this point, the TF Story Arc is finalized. Over the last month, there have been discussion topics, polls and debates both on the Forum and on the Fleet IRC. All the IC knowledge known about our area of operation can be found there. If there are any questions please ask me.

What is my goal with this TF?
My main goal is to build this into a Community and not just a bureaucratic grouping for convenience. This means I want us to be talking together and working together. I want to hear not just from you and the XOs but I want you to encourage your Crews to be part of this as well.

How will we do this?
There are a couple ways would like to go about this. But most of these ways have to do with the TF Story Arc and our area of space.

1. I want to follow Admiral Gates with creating missions myself and presenting them to the CO’s. Allowing you guys to pick them up if you want and play them out as desired. This mission would then become TF Cannon. These types of missions would be the major interactions with the Major races in the area.

2. I would like to take the missions you guys come up with yourself within the TF area and add them to the TF plot. If you meet a minor race, get attacked by a borg scout or let's say come across a wormhole I would like that to become part of the larger story. That way others can use and build off of those missions as desired. Unlike the other TFs we are in a 100% new area and everything we come across is new and can be built on freely.

3. I want us to be talking about the TF Plot on the forum. All of us no matter our rank. When a mission finishes on one sim I would love for us to start a topic on the forum and talk about how that mission can be added into the TF Plot. More importantly, how do we build off that mission to create stories that link to other missions?

4. I would love to do guest spots in missions. If that is just me doing a mission briefing with you over email or something more with me joining your site for a little while I don’t care. But I think it is a good idea for the crew to see IC interactions with the Fleet.

5. This builds off of #3, Mission reports. We all know that OOC we have to do monthly report for the fleet. What I would like to do is an IC report whenever you finish a mission. Within the TF Story arc section there is a topic for Mission Reports. These reports would be like a Captain's Log. They wouldn't have to be long but you would talk about What happened, how issues got resolved and any comments you deem it would be importing for Command and other COs to know. For example: If after a mission where you encountered a New race you may want to let us know they only speak in metaphors. Or maybe a Commander of a Trading post has an ego that we should be aware of. It should be from an IC point of view and be what your CO would report IC to command.

6. I have created an IC lounge on the forum. The Lounge will be similar to the CO and XO IC lounge already on the forum. All members will be welcome to take part IC in this lounge.

Now, I do want to point out that the fleet does not force the sims within the TF to follow or take part in the TF plot. We will not have large IC missions and I will never say “you need to do this” for any of the things listed above. I may suggest “Hey that mission was cool you should write an IC report. We can build off that mission,”. And by may I mean I will 100% do that. But this is a hobby we all know that and if you don’t have the time that is fine.

Part of my job as TFCO is to talk to all of you and know what is going on and help you as needed. What this means is that I will be bugging you at times, let me apologize now for that. Now I don’t want to be emailing you every week because that can be a lot for myself and for you. So my plan is we should be in contact about every 10 days or 3 times a month. Around the 1st of the month, I should get a report from you as the monthly report. If anything stands out in that report I will email you then. On both the 10th and the 20th of each month I will send you an email checking in and filling you in on anything going on. Now If there is something going on with your sim or player issues I may be in much more frequent contact.

If at any point you need anything from me please email me without question!
My email is: tf37@pegasusfleet.net

You can also contact me on the IRC my username is Taylor_Isley. If what you want to talk to me has to do with player issues that are more than just something minor Please do so via email. I would like to keep a record of what both you and I say which is hard to do on the IRC.

Once again if you ever need anything or have any questions email me.

--
Taylor
------
Captain Taylor Wood
Task Force 37 Commanding Officer
Pegasus Fleet
http://pegasusfleet.net
ImageImage

Return to “Task Force 37 General Discussions”