Chief of Public Relations

Re: Building the Foundation

Post by Aaron » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:42 pm

My 2 cents on Major players are in no certain order

Devore Imperium
Malon
Hirogen
and a New Race that has come to power since Voyager and maybe someone we can align with
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

Taylor_Isley
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Post by Taylor_Isley » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:08 pm

I think the Hirogens are a 100% in my mind. lol We all enjoy them.

I like both the Devore Imperium, Malon as races. What is running through my mind are two factors when picking races.

#1 Although I did say we can and should use some creative freedom when making our map, I want to try to keep things a little true to the map Voyager made as they travelled. That means that some races are no at all IC near each other by Trek Cannon.

#2 Is using races that within Cannon that are not heavily established so we can build off them as needed.

That said both races you just suggested are all near each other IC so that may work out and we have information on them but not too much.

My question for you and others is if we did go with the Devore Imperium and Malon, what roles do you imagine them filling?
ImageImage

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:43 pm

I see the Devore as being the Klingons of the Delta. Not so much about expansion but anti Federation setting up shop.

As Malon IDK
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

StarDuster
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by StarDuster » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:27 am

Hello, everyone. I don't really know everything Pegasus Fleet yet as I am fresh off the Emily ferry. I do not hold any commands here myself (At least not yet) nor have I ever held a command in Pegasus Fleet or even wrote here until joining the USS Shepherd. That said, Taylor I have worked with you in the past albeit briefly for whatever reason. I would be happy to chip in and offer some of my own suggestions and or support of some purposed already.

Aliens:
Devore Imperium - During the time of Voyager which by know is well over a decade for Pegasus Fleet, the Imperium controlled eleven star systems across three sectors. They really were pretty militant, hostile, and hated telepaths. I could imagine them expanding their territories a great deal in 10+ years and perhaps waging a 'purification' across the Delta Quadrant of any and all telepathic species. This would cause problems for telepathic crews on Federation starships, and conflict may ensue. The Federation undoubtedly would not sit well if some telepathic members of crews were captured or killed by the Devore as part of their 'purification' which I'd relate to the crusades.

Briori - We know so very little about this species and never saw them. Though it is very likely that they resemble humans or have the ability to take a human looking form (if they are non-corporeal?). We learned about them in the episode "The 37's" as the species who abducted humans like Amelia Earhart brought them to a Delta Quadrant planet and forced them into slavery. Though the settlement that the 37s were on had been able to overtake the Briori, I imagine the Briori had other planets and maybe the 37 settlement was just a remote location. It is possible that the Briori could be related to, are, or separated from the Preservers or the Progenitors, both of whom were known for taken species from different planets and seeding them onto other planets across the galaxy. The Briori could be tied to these species, just a more extreme and opposing bunch with a superiority philosophy.

Krenim Imperium - Year of Hell....enough said. They are extremely hostile, have fire power, and basically have what it takes to probably take on a small Federation presence in the Delta Quadrant if they wanted to.

Srivani - Name comes from script information for the episode they appeared in. They have sophisticated technology involving phase variance in order to render themselves and their ships undetectable. They latch onto the hull of another starship and study those aboard, experimenting on them. Though they do not wish to kill any of their test subjects, they clearly have a scientific mindset that other species were simply lab rats and that death was an acceptable loss for Science. Were you to include the Vidiians who perhaps are still suffering from the Phage. The Vidiians might form some sort of 'alliance' with the Srivani who seek out a cure for the Phage in return for something from the Vidiians.
Commander Barret Stillwater
Commanding Officer, USS Standing Bear

Taylor_Isley
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Post by Taylor_Isley » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:03 pm

I enjoy the Devore Imperium a lot. When Aaron brought them up I added them to the top of my list. The uniqueness and bigotry the have to telepaths can make for a number of interesting missions. Unless there are any major objections I think they will make it to the final list.

I did look at the Krenim Imperium and took them off my list for two reasons. #1 At the end of the year of Hell they were no longer interesting. They returned to a normal race without anything that special about them. #2 It is very much cannon that they are in an area with a large number of factions/races. Too many in my opinion for us to be dealing with. I would like us to enter a relatively isolated area without 8 or 9 major players. This is so our sims can make first contact, explore and interact with minor races as they deem fit. not having to always worry about the Major players.

But I have not looked at the other two races you brought up. But at a quick glance here are my thoughts.

Briori- 400 years ago they had the power to transport people across the galaxy. So if we came across them there is a lot of questions to what their technology is like now and if we could even stand a chance.

Srivani- an interesting idea that could be a real threat. (The Phage has been cured in Cannon. The think tank did that for them.)
ImageImage

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:30 pm

One other thing to think about when looking at major players is they can be a Major player and not an Advisory ie. Vulcans, Ferengi.

We can have a Major player that helps us grow in the Strange new quadrant. Maybe we can work a the first treaties or bring another player into the Federation or Exchange Tech ideas.

Just a thought to keep in mind I think we need one major faction we have conflict with and some others that are friendly/neutral towards us.
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

StarDuster
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by StarDuster » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:48 pm

Though the Phage we knew may have been cured by the Think Tank, a cure is not always necessarily a cure. Things mutate, and with experimentation someone could make a strain of the Phage resistant to the known treatment/cure. However, I will respect people's not wanting to deviate far off from canon.

In regards to Aaron bringing up a focus of peaceful or good species that we could have good relations with. So, I'd offer the following recommendations:

Voth
Skedan - A non canon species from a Voyager Novel. They are furry and telepathic. They are also said to be typically non-aggressive though I gather they have some dislike for the Borg
Ocanti
Talaxians or Malon
Commander Barret Stillwater
Commanding Officer, USS Standing Bear

Taylor_Isley
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Post by Taylor_Isley » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:01 am

At the current moment, these are the Major Races I have selected based off of what has been talked about:

Devore Imperium

Vaadwaur

Hirogen

Malon

Confederacy of the Worlds of the First Quadrant (CWFQ)*

Borg

*CWFQ can be found on Memory Beta however information found there is not PF Cannon.

Feel free to comment.
ImageImage

Grif
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Grif » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:13 am

Well Im going to offer two questions.

Why's Quantum Slipstream being overlooked? It's a pretty advanced technology, it could get a ship to the Delta Quadrant easily within a number of days, week or two at the most. We know it works, its just unstable. We've had almost 15 years for the technology to advanced in character or from what we know in Canon, it's not like the fleet would just drop this advanced technology Voyager brought back. Albeit it has limited applications due to the way a ship must be designed for it to be used, but it's a good option.

The Wormhole is a good option but we already know its limitations, the wormhole wasn't stable and to make it stable would be alot of deus ex machina in my opinion. Graviton Catapults make sense, but the limitations to those have already been listed by someone else. They're still a good option though.

Another is why are we limiting ourselves to known species, species that Voyager has already run into, that are stuck into set areas of the Delta Quadrant?

The Devore, the Malon, they're all in specific areas of the quadrant that are somewhat explored already. We've got a vast area of the quadrant that hasn't been explored, areas that would have been if Voyager had continued. These are areas where we can create our own species and our own stories, build off of what Voyager had going for it, unique and new species and phenomenons that were captivating. Of course some species are still going to be open, the Hirogen are nomads, the Vaadwuar went to places unknown... they're still options. I just think we'd be limiting ourselves to a small area when teh quadrant is so vast.

Personally I'm really not a fan of the Borg either. Missions with them always tend to be the same. Deus Ex finishes to beat an enemy that is supposed to be a lot more powerful than us. It's just not fun. This ones totally my own opinion though.

EDIT Since a post was made before i finished... I do like the idea of the Confederacy, I've read the books involving them. They seem like an interesting species, as do the waveforms.

Nate
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Nate » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:23 am

Grif wrote:
Why's Quantum Slipstream being overlooked? It's a pretty advanced technology, it could get a ship to the Delta Quadrant easily within a number of days, week or two at the most. We know it works, its just unstable. We've had almost 15 years for the technology to advanced in character or from what we know in Canon, it's not like the fleet would just drop this advanced technology Voyager brought back. Albeit it has limited applications due to the way a ship must be designed for it to be used, but it's a good option.
I don't know if this matter's, but it is established in VOY: Hope and Fear that the Slipstream would take a few months for the trip from the DQ back to Earth. Not a huge deal, just for clarity. Personally the Slipstream is my favourite because it closes the gaps between the races in the DQ.
EDIT Since a post was made before i finished... I do like the idea of the Confederacy, I've read the books involving them. They seem like an interesting species, as do the waveforms.
I'm in love with the VOY reboot books, and run a sim based on their timeline, etc.. The Confederacy is certainly an inteesting choice if PF wishes to added to their canon.
Captain Dominic Dalgaard
Task Force Commanding Officer, Task Force 56

Captain Catherine Waldorf
Division Leader, Division 74

Captain Etan Kaz
Commanding Officer, Deep Space K-17

King Aethan Velaryon
First Of His Name. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Six Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm

And many more....

Return to “Task Force 37 Story Arc”