Building the Foundation

The area for everything to do with the Task Force 37 Story Arc

Moderator: Terris

Taylor_Isley
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Re: Building the Foundation

Post by Taylor_Isley » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:26 am

The Quantum Slipstream drive has not been overlooked but rather it was determined that not all classes of ships would be able to use the drive and we did not want to limit what classes we could welcome into the TF.

The reason why we are trying to use races known from Voy. is so that those who join the fleet don't have to read pages of our new Fleet Cannon. We want them to be able to join and have some familiarity with the races we are dealing with off the bat.

As for areas already being known. We will be making our own map and area loosely based off of what has been seen on the show but overall unexplored. We will use the known races for the reason above and then develop our own races as our sims write. Races like the Malon we really don't know that much about but Voy. does provide us with enough that we all can build off the same foundation.

The Borg need to be added just because they should always be in the back of our mind but at the moment they may not even show up on our TF Map.

I hope that helps give you an idea of how I am thinking about these choices.
ImageImage

Taylor_Isley
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Post by Taylor_Isley » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:22 am

Due to too much Cannon being known about the Confederacy of the Worlds of the First Quadrant.

The Republic of the First Worlds will be taking their place on this list above. This is a new Republic we will build as a TF
ImageImage

StarDuster
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by StarDuster » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:41 am

I am just going to say that though The Borg are wonderful villains to have and definitely worthy of being included, I believe that everyone immediately goes on the Borg bandwagon for the Delta Quadrant. I would caution against using them too heavily if you do end up including them. Not that Pegasus is any other Fleet, it is its own self, but other places have opted to go the Borg route and have it bite them in their behinds, causing that area of operations to lose ships/commands. Also, if you have the Borg, you more or less have to entertain the thought of the Undine (Species 8472). More importantly than anything, you want your Task Force to stand out and be fresh yet still have a familiarity of Star Trek it. I just caution you not to try and put too much fanboy/fangirl pleasing into its creation or it could become over crowded and/or convoluted. We definitely do not want to see it buckle under its own weight.
Commander Barret Stillwater
Commanding Officer, USS Standing Bear

Moesha V'tani
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by Moesha V'tani » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:08 am

Where is the Iota system? It's not on the map.

Return to “Task Force 37 Story Arc”