Ahoy from your new TFCO

Moderators: Amethyst, howtypicallyhuman

Chris
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ahoy from your new TFCO

Post by Chris » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Greetings all,

This is Captain Ovik (also known as Chris and a few other characters) and I am the new TF56 Commanding Officer. I am thankful to the PF Admiralty for having faith in me to take on this new role, and I am looking forward to working with everyone in the Task Force.

For starters, I will be firing all COs and getting rid of all sims to make room for my own collection of sims where I command all of them. This way I can ensure all canon is driven how I want it.

That would be both humorous and scary. On a serious note, I hope to pick up right where Captain Applewood left off by kind of merging some of the key political groups/species as our focus in the northern expanse (instead of just one group), including the Romulans, Ferengi, Breen, and more. The Cardassians are up by us, but would be handled moreso in our other TFs. And of course, you are free to explore other areas outside our Area of Operation as you see fit.

There will be a couple sim moves as TF88 comes online, as mentioned in the Fleet Meeting, but things are not finalized yet. Look for news on that soon.

Otherwise, I will be reaching out to each CO to see where things are at and what I can do to help more immediately. I will be bringing on a Star Trek sim of my own and will hopefully do some joint-sim missions with all of you at some point, and then delve a bit deeper into our own little Task Force 56 canon pocket.

I know this will be fun, and I thank you once again for the opportunity to work with you all!
Captain Ovik
Task Force 56 Commanding Officer

Commander Caymen Greener
Commanding Officer, USS Sinnan

Discord: @Chris#6382

Chris
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Re: Ahoy from your new TFCO

Post by Chris » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:37 pm

I will go ahead and announce here in a reply instead of a separate announcement (to avoid self promotion) that my own ship for Captain Ovik is now ready. The USS August, Nova-class refit (Rhode Island style) has been launched officially. The link is in my signature and I have also posted in the recruitment forums. With all the moves to TF88 and such, we now stand at 5 sims, which is great news!

Captain Ovik
Task Force 56 Commanding Officer

Commander Caymen Greener
Commanding Officer, USS Sinnan

Discord: @Chris#6382

Return to “Task Force 56 Archive”