[USS Vesta] - Operation First Aide

This Forum Holds Infomation on Missions that have been Approved as part of the TF Story Arc. This Includes Approved Open missions for CO's to pick up and do, as well as Missions CO's have done on their own that are now approved.

Moderator: Terris

Taylor_Isley
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

[USS Vesta] - Operation First Aide

Post by Taylor_Isley » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:42 pm

With Starfleet starting to explore the region making first contact with The Republic of the First Worlds is a top priority. Initial long range scans and reconnaissance show that the Republic is a collection of unified worlds similar to the U.F.P. It is Starfleet's hope that the Republic can become an ally within the region.

The USS Veta is ordered to Boen system in sector 872 where a Plasma Storm has just passed through damaging a known Republic mining facility. A four-day journey from Republic space the mining facility is relatively isolated and you, the USS Vesta, appear to be the closest vessel in the area.

Your primary objective is to provide engineering and medical assistance to the Facility. Secondary objectives include gathering information on and starting peaceful relations with the Republic.

As Ordered by:
Captain Taylor Wood, Task Force 37 Commander Officer, 11th Fleet.

The proposed progression of this mission plot is:
  • The Facility Commander Refuses Assistance, but with mines unstable and workers lives at risk it is hard to just walk away and just let the workers die. A moral dilemma for any crew.
  • Malon Savacangers have in the area and have laid claim to the Facility. Believing that Starfleet ahs come to take their claim their Malons are ready to fight. Survivors are have been taking as hostages and tensions are high.
  • The Facility Commander accepts assistance however it becomes clear that the lives of his workers mean little to him. His priority is that of his fellow administrator and foremen. Culture values quickly bring an unwelcome tension to an already tense situation as primary and secondary objectives contradict each other.
These are just suggestions the final outcome and Mission Progression is up the CO who take on the mission. If a CO would like this mission but does not like the progressions above they may propose their own.
ImageImage

Taylor_Isley
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Re: [USS Vesta] - Operation First Aide

Post by Taylor_Isley » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:38 pm

This mission has been accepted by Captain Yoshi Minawara of the USS Vesta. The Orders Above will be edited to reflect that.
ImageImage

YMinawara
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by YMinawara » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Mission Conclusion:

The U.S.S. Vesta, having brought it's mission to an end, has departed the Sector. The U.S.S. Miyamoto took over the operation to actually recover the trapped individuals below.

Captain's Log:

"First Contact with Republic of the First Worlds was disastrous at best. The Ziapteryx, who are the true leaders of the Republic it turns out, are hard to deal with, arrogant, and full of themselves. What limited data on them we were able to trade has been sent to Starfleet for analysis, so hopefully something useful comes of this encounter. Early on, the Republic encountered Dala, a woman who impersonated Captain Janeway of the U.S.S. Voyager. This lead to the Director if the facility attempting to capture the Vesta as a prize and use it to further his own gain. From best I can tell, the culture of the Ziapteryx is about personal gain above all else, but I am sure the Diplomacy Corps will attempt to prove me wrong.

I do not advise further contact with them, but seeing as I will likely be overruled in this manner, I recommend extreme caution. They are as crafty as any Romulan I have ever met, and as aggressive as most Klingons. It should be noted, we have determined that their transport technology cannot beam through a level four dampening field, which may be necessary to prevent unwanted guests. Furthermore, a vessel travelling at Quantum Slipstream Velocities appears to be effectively cloaked from their sensors, which could be useful in the event of needing to pass through undetected."

-CAPTAIN Yoshi Minawara
Commander Yoshi Minawara
USS Vesta
Task Force 37
"That is the exploration that awaits you! Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence."
~Leonard Nimoy

Thompson
Chief of Fleet Operations
Chief of Fleet Operations

Post by Thompson » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:08 am

Thank you Captain :) A good mission!

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:13 am

Quick practical question on that last point there - do the Republic know that we have QSD technology, but they can't detect us when we're at slipstream velocities, or has their ability not to detect us at those speeds let us hide from them knowledge that we have QSD tech?

Return to “Task Force Missions”