Boatswain without an assignment

Have a character you've been working on, but don't know where to put them? Post here, and watch the offers come flying in!
Moesha V'tani
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Boatswain without an assignment

Post by Moesha V'tani » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:22 pm

With the closure of the Nimitz and although it had reopened with a new CO, I'm not sure I would like to continue there.

I have a Boatswain, though it is nicknamed Bosun, needing a new home. Master Warrant Officer Vestara Stronghold, Unjoined Trill female.
I have a plan that she will get joined during an emergency on the ship or base she is on as one of my NPCs will be joined and critically injured so the doctor had to transplant the symbiont into Vestara or loose both.

She will have to take things easy while she gets used to being joined. Although she had been in the initiate program, and past barely though, prior to her enlisting in Starfleet.

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: Boatswain without an assignment

Post by Alex » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:13 am

If you're willing to serve aboard a starbase, I can make a spot for you on Starbase 332. Plus, Captain Von is a joined Trill, so perhaps she could be a mentor of sorts for Vestara after she is joined. I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what a boatswain would do on a starbase (or a starship for that matter) but I'm sure we will find ways to keep you involved in the various side plots that we will have going on. One of those side missions could one where Vestara gets her symbiont. Let me know if you are interested.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

JasmineSomers
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by JasmineSomers » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:11 pm

A botswain is basically Chief of the Boat please see the supplied link.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boatswain

I can offer your char a spot on the Tomcat as my deck officer, this would entail that my flight deck crew who ready my 3 fighter Sqns and keeping my flight deck in operation.

The Tomcat is an Akira subtype we have a marine detachment and as mentioned 3 fighter squadrons, so if you want the spot you would be welcome, the sim is a PBF sim.

Please pm me if interested.
CHARACTERS

-----------------------------------------
"Today is a Good Day to die" Klingon saying

Moesha V'tani
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by Moesha V'tani » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:05 pm

According to the positions descriptions on the NOVA system:

Each vessel and base has one Warrant Officer (or Chief Warrant Officer) who holds the position of Boatswain. The Boatswain (pronounced and also written "Bosun" or "Bos'n") trains and supervises personnel (including both the ship's company or base personnel as well as passengers or vessels) in general ship and base operations, repairs, and protocols; maintains duty assignments for all Operations personnel; sets the agenda for instruction in general ship and base operations; supervises auxiliary and utility service personnel and daily ship or base maintenance; coordinates all personnel cross-trained in damage control operations and supervises damage control and emergency operations; may assume any Bridge or Operations role as required; and is qualified to temporarily act as Chief of Operations if so ordered.

The Boatswain reports to the Chief Operations Officer.

I'm going to go with SB332, sorry Commander Somers, but if time permits and you okay with me not being overly active I'll be happy to create a Deck Officer for you.

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:38 pm

I sent you a PM so we can talk more about bringing your character over to the sim.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

JasmineSomers
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by JasmineSomers » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Moesha V'tani wrote:According to the positions descriptions on the NOVA system:

Each vessel and base has one Warrant Officer (or Chief Warrant Officer) who holds the position of Boatswain. The Boatswain (pronounced and also written "Bosun" or "Bos'n") trains and supervises personnel (including both the ship's company or base personnel as well as passengers or vessels) in general ship and base operations, repairs, and protocols; maintains duty assignments for all Operations personnel; sets the agenda for instruction in general ship and base operations; supervises auxiliary and utility service personnel and daily ship or base maintenance; coordinates all personnel cross-trained in damage control operations and supervises damage control and emergency operations; may assume any Bridge or Operations role as required; and is qualified to temporarily act as Chief of Operations if so ordered.

The Boatswain reports to the Chief Operations Officer.

I'm going to go with SB332, sorry Commander Somers, but if time permits and you okay with me not being overly active I'll be happy to create a Deck Officer for you.
Thats okay you should always choose the simm that is for you, I will see you on SB332 I simm for Major Naomi Griffiths the MCO of the Starbase.
CHARACTERS

"Today is a Good Day to die" Klingon saying

Return to “Players Seeking Ships”