A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - December 2019

Post by Alex » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:24 am

Hello everyone!

I hope all of our American friends had a great Thanksgiving, and for everyone else I hope you had a fantastic week. It’s the time of year where events with family and friends start to ramp up, and where sim activity tends to ramp down. Commanding officers are reminded to be considerate towards their crew members as we go through the holiday season. That said, December is also a good time for sim maintenance because that activity has slowed.

Similarly, new projects within the Fleet staff have slowed down in November, and likely through December as well, so I don’t have much to report this month. Most of our activity has been focused on day-to-day operations. But I do have a few updates to share.

First off, as a reminder to everyone the position of Task Force 56 Commanding Officer is still open. If anyone is interested in applying for the position, please use the link below and submit an application.

Last month was also FallFest IX, which was held on November 9. FallFest is an annual roleplaying convention put on by Ongoing Worlds, and covers all genres of online roleplaying. This year’s event was hosted by 22nd Fleet. We did have a debrief about the event at last month’s monthly meeting, so I won’t spend a lot of time on it here. I did want to thank everyone from Pegasus Fleet that was able to attend. I think we had a pretty good showing. Overall the event went really well. We had some really good discussions, especially one led by Admiral Devane on Character Creation: the Good, the Bad, and the Pitfalls. I know she was nervous going into her panel, but Amethyst did a fantastic job leading the discussion. You can check out the FallFest IX website for more information on the event as well as transcripts from the panels.

The last update for this month is for an event tentatively planned for January. Admiral Devane and Commander Frank Kamar Jr. have also been putting together plans for a recruitment workshop aimed at our Fleet’s commanding officers. The date and time has not been finalized yet, but they are taking questions in advance to better tailor the workshop towards the biggest recruitment issues faced by our commanding officers. If anyone has any specific recruitment questions that they would like to be addressed, please direct them to Admiral Devane at academy@pegasusfleet.net, or @Amethyst on Discord.

This month’s meeting will be held in the #meeting channel on Discord this Sunday, December 8 at 3:00 pm EST / 8:00 pm GMT. The meeting is open to all members of Pegasus Fleet and any guests that may be interested in learning more about our community. The next meeting will be on Sunday, January 12.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Alex

Application for Task Force Commanding Officer

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
October's Post of the Month goes to:

"A Refreshing Taste" by Lieutenant Alexis Aenera (USS Astraea)

For the November Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Friday, January 10, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

------------------------------------------------
Featured Wiki Article: USS Poseidon
Join our Discord to check out the Pegasus Fleet Discord for the latest chat and gossip on what's going on around the fleet.
For recruitment questions, contact Rear Admiral Jesse James
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”