Task Force Story Arc

The area for everything to do with the Task Force 11 Story Arc

Moderators: Amethyst, JasmineSomers

Williams
Admin
Admin

Task Force Story Arc

Post by Williams » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:01 pm

OK, so here is the more developed version of Option 1 that I have written up; I involved the Tal Shiar in a covert support role, and added the Tzenkethi and Rhitorians as military allies for the Gorn. I figured the Tholians weren't going to want to get involved being xenophobic as they are, and I didn't want to involve the Breen since if we open up a second Task Force in the near future, they'll probably be up near that region, and the Breen might be needed to fulfill a leading role in that Task Force's story arc. The Federation has fought a war against the Tzenkethi before, and some of the Typhon Pact novels I've read have some good ideas for how to make the Tzenkethi interesting (since they were alluded to on screen but never actually seen). The novels essentially have them as using gravity generators in all their buildings and ships to use up every bit of space available - so they use the floor and the ceiling of a room equally, and just walk up the wall on either side to move between the two surfaces, thanks to the gravity generators. The novels also have a fairly unique take on their social structure and rankings.

Anywho, that aside, the below is the premise text I've come up with:
The Klingon Empire and Gorn Hegemony have been in a state of Cold War with each other since 2376, when the Gorn positioned the bulk of their forces along their closest border to the Klingons, and the Klingons in turn began focussing their post-war rebuilding in the region. Once the Empire had restored their forces to their pre-war height by the end of 2385, Federation diplomatic intervention was the only thing preventing the Klingons from launching a full on war against their Gorn neighbours; the Gorn were neither willing to back down from their stance, nor did they possess the military might to launch an offensive themselves; the two powers were essentially locked into a stalemate, and conflicts and skirmishes between independent Klingon and Gorn vessels in the area of space that separated the borders of each power became more frequent and violent.

Following the Hobus disaster which took out several starbases and caused severe damage to the Romulan Homeworld in 2388, the Federation requested the Klingons join them in providing assistance to the beleaguered interstellar nation; a request which the Klingons pointedly refused. When the Klingons sought to take advantage of the Romulan's disarray and tried to reclaim worlds that the Romulans had taken from them a century previously, the Federation prevented it. As a result, political analysts have described the tensions between the Klingon Empire and the Federation of Planets as unsteady and strained as it was before the Klingons last withdrew from the Khitomer Accords in 2372.

Despite this, the Gorn know that the Klingons would still ask the Federation to come to their aid if they were ever to be attacked. Keenly aware of the vast size of the Empire, the Gorn also know that it would only be a matter of time before the Klingons were able to amass enough forces to defy the Federation's diplomatic restraints and launch their own offensive on the Hegemony. And so they sent out ambassadors to those powers they know would have no moral compunction against joining a fight against the Klingons; the Romulan Star Empire, the Tholian Assembly, the Breen Confederacy, Tzenkethi Coalition; even the Rhitorian Confederacy. While many of their overtures went unanswered, not all of them did.

In July 2391, a Tal Shiar operative arrived in secret on the Gorn homeworld for a meeting with the reptilian leadership. The deal was struck out very quickly; the Romulans would covertly assist the Gorn through their intelligence service, providing supplies and tactical assistance in return for undisclosed future favours to be called in by the Romulans at a time of their own choosing. They would also provide assistance to any other powers who would provide the Gorn with military assistance, enabling them to make their way unhindered through Federation space to join the Gorn forces, without having to spend months on a long journey through outlying neutral space. With this agreement in place, the Rhitorians and Tzenkethi agreed to an alliance with the Gorn, and began covertly sending ships to rallying points within Gorn space, utilising loaned Romulan cloaking devices to move through Federation space, free to move without fear of detection as the only tachyon detection nets the Federation had set up were along the Romulan border itself.

In October 2391, the combined Gorn/Tzenkethi/Rhitorian forces launched an attack on the Klingon worlds of M'Char, B'rel and Q'tahl, taking them by surprise thanks to intelligence provided by the Tal Shiar forward scouts. Ogat was the next world to be captured by the quick-moving combined forces, falling before the Klingon High Command had received the news and issued orders to their commanders to launch a counter-offensive. An hour later, the Palais de la Concorde on Earth received a request from the Klingon ambassador for assistance, and Starfleet's 11th Fleet out of Cestus III was ordered into action, with reinforcements being provided by the 6th Fleet out of Starbase 311.

(As a note, using our current 2RL years to 1IC year ratio; we're in the latter half of 2391 right now; in January 2016 we'll move into 2392. Just to make it clear that October 2391 doesn't necessarily correspond to October 2015)

Confusedfire
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Task Force Story Arc

Post by Confusedfire » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Just one problem, in the Praxis mission it was not the Gorn that attacked the M'Char system... So, if that is what you are referring to the Gorn opted to not attack the system.
Captain Neela Izal
Commanding Officer TF37
Commanding Officer SB-812

"Spot this is down...down is good!"

- LCDR Data

Mike
Admin
Admin

Post by Mike » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:30 am

Looks really strong to me. Obviously the Farragut's contribution will be limited to OOC cheerleading for everyone involved but it looks pretty damn fun to me.
ImageImageImageImage

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:52 am

Confusedfire wrote:Just one problem, in the Praxis mission it was not the Gorn that attacked the M'Char system... So, if that is what you are referring to the Gorn opted to not attack the system.
Then what happened on the Praxis mission? One thing to keep in mind is what happened in one sim does not necessarily become Fleet Canon. This is done to not limit everyone's creativity. The events of one sim, if a mission results in something significant enough, can be submitted as an article and proposed to Fleet Canon. But other sims are not required to follow that event. Obviously with something like a task force story arc, we'll want to play off of each others' missions a lot more. But we don't want to run into a situation where one sim decides to blow up Risa, and everyone else gets forced to follow that plotline.

I guess to reiterate, the events of the Praxis mission and the 'official' account of the event may not necessarily be the same. That goes for any sim. But if possible, it would be nice to use what happened on each sim. Can you explain what happened in the M'Char system if it differs from the proposal?
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:02 am

Yeah, I've read a few posts from the Praxis mission, but I confess not enough to know the full details of your mission. Now that you mention it, I do remember you mentioning M'Char in our PMs (though I just chose it for the proposal purely because it is along the Klingon border on the fleet map, and would make sense as a logical target).

I know we talked about having the race that the Praxis is dealing with being involved in some way in the arc (though I think for the overall arc we may be best starting it with the known races, and then see about introducing them as an additional plot element twist later on for everyone outside of the Praxis) - do they have a name yet? Any summary you can provide of your mission and interactions with them will be good, and I'm happy to change bits of the proposal to keep our options open for including something like them at some point later, even if they aren't in it from the start. I'm working on an updated version of the fleet map at the moment (hopefully I can get that updated soon and put up for discussion and vote to see if the fleet wants to accept it) and I was thinking of putting a few Klingon starbases along the border, so I could easily change the M'Char target to one of those.

Confusedfire
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Confusedfire » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:21 pm

Alex wrote:Then what happened on the Praxis mission? One thing to keep in mind is what happened in one sim does not necessarily become Fleet Canon. This is done to not limit everyone's creativity. The events of one sim, if a mission results in something significant enough, can be submitted as an article and proposed to Fleet Canon. But other sims are not required to follow that event. Obviously with something like a task force story arc, we'll want to play off of each others' missions a lot more. But we don't want to run into a situation where one sim decides to blow up Risa, and everyone else gets forced to follow that plotline.

I guess to reiterate, the events of the Praxis mission and the 'official' account of the event may not necessarily be the same. That goes for any sim. But if possible, it would be nice to use what happened on each sim. Can you explain what happened in the M'Char system if it differs from the proposal?
This actually gave me an idea... But, I'll get to that in a moment.

I will post a summary in the TF11 thread for each ship. Now for my idea that will keep the proposal as is. Not all of Starfleet would know that an unidentified hostile race attacked the system. The 'official' story could be that the Gorn attacked the system while the Praxis was there while the classified information states what really happened. At least until my crew and myself can develop the Alveare race further and submit them for official fleet canon.
Captain Neela Izal
Commanding Officer TF37
Commanding Officer SB-812

"Spot this is down...down is good!"

- LCDR Data

Xagi
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Xagi » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Now being the lone Klingon sim in the fleet, I will do some with this story arc. It will help lead into some of the stuff I wish to do in my sim.

Xagi
HoD Xagi, son of K'uraj
Commanding Officer
IKS P'ach
http://pach.pegasusfleet.net

Nathaniel Hunter
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Nathaniel Hunter » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:42 am

Kumiho is just ending her latest plot and will take a couple weeks to plan out our response to this scenario. Once our CT has decided on a plot idea we'll clear it here. :)

Captain Nathaniel Hunter
Commanding Officer
USS Kumiho

Return to “Task Force 11 Story Arc”